cant i replace my cpu fan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cant i replace my cpu fan

Question cant i replace my cpu fan

hi it me again .i like to know if i cant replace the cpu fan on my intel motherboard .because i did order 2.80 mm cold cathode blue .if not i will install then at the back of my pc .but i am looking at the fan now and it look biger then a 80 mm fan .do you know the size of then .well maybe not it look like the same size as the one i have on the side of my case .thank you
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    amd ahtlon11x2 270 3.4 ghz.
    g.skill ripjaws 4 gb oc at 6-6-6-15.
    hd wd blue 320 aakx 6.0 gb.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

If it matches and power lease have the 3rd rpm wire, then yes it can replace the fan on the heat sink.

That rpm wire is what lets the mobo know it is working and lets the computer boot up. No 3rd wire, mount it elsewhere.

thank you train.i will check that on google to see some diagram .
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

Your Welcome!

Most of those hsf fans just have screws holding them in place.

hi train .i had to go show my nephew how to make knives .because am a knive make .ok my cpu .my fan as 4 screws and there is i little spring from the head of the screw to the back of the fan were it screw to the mobo .so i thing they will fit in there .it is not because the fan is not working good .it because i like to ledup my case blue .i wait to get the fans then i see from there.i have room for 5 fans in that case .now i have 4 set up .but there is only 2 led fans .so with 2 more led fans it will look really good all blue .thank again
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

hi train.i received my 2 fans today .they are sunbeam cold cathode 80 mm blue fan .so they did not fit into the box of my gardian case .because of the reset step at the back of the case .so what i did i put the box away and i did screw the fans direct to the back of the case .men they are ever brigt .light up the case really good .as for the sink fan i did not bother with it for now .i do have one blue led fan left over .so i will see if it fit on the sink base .now i have 4 led fans in that case looking good .they is the front one yet to put in .ha well i do that later .i have to take the front door a part to put it in .to me it a waist time because the vent openning are to small at the front door .thank again
    yvesj
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

Yes, those vent openings are small, now that is when I use diagonal cutters and start removing things. Since you have started to mod, modify, the case, go whole hog and do it up right.

But no filing or grinding as the metal particles will short out the mobo!

fan

Quote Originally Posted by Train
    Yes, those vent openings are small, now that is when I use diagonal cutters and start removing things. Since you have started to mod, modify, the case, go whole hog and do it up right.

But no filing or grinding as the metal particles will short out the mobo!
    no i will leave the front fan go.now let go back to the heat sink fan .i will send you a picture of what i have .so look at it and let me know what i have to do to replace the fan .do i just on srew the fan and screw back the new one. my led blue with 3 pin like you said on the preview post .
    Last edited by yvesj; September 1st, 2008 at 08:13 PM.
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

"do i just on srew the fan and screw back the new one"
    May have to remove the mobo if the nuts are under it, but yes that is all that is needed.

thank train .well i am going to leave that one were it is .because am not taking the mobo out of there . to much work only to replace the existing fan only to put in a led fan .maybe later i will change the tricolor one on the side for that blue led fan .but i will not ever replace the one on the heat sink .and there is no way of knowing if there is some nut behind the mobo .my computer is a little more noise since i add the 2 fan yesterday .but at least i am able to turn the led of during the day .working good so far .
    thank that be all for now.ho boy i forgot to ask you about this .now what is i put that blue led fan in the power supply because it a 80 mm fan .but when i did oil that fan you toll me i was lucky because i did not receive a electrical shock.so am really thing about that now .when you toll me that well you did scare me ..i will let you if deceide to replace the pws fan .i thing you toll me not to touch the pws before a day after i disconnect it.is that right .
    yvesj
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

ok.i did check the pws box and my fans will fit there . the pws is a 80 mm fan.so now i do have 3 spare fans for it .one led blue and 2 plain one .so i thing the pws will go before i run out of fan for it .so if i turn my pc off tonite and the power switch at the back and unplug it .do you thing i get a elictrical shock tomorow morning .or do you have a better adeal for me
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

I did not say all of that, but it is true, the capacitors in the ps can store a charge and bang you a good one.

Not nice in my book either.

Just cross the two power blades and that will drain them though.

May want to do that a couple times.

Can you solder?
    Generally those ps fans are soldered in.

My XION ps came with a blue light in it. Did not have to modify it at all.

thank.yes i use to weld .but with a mig .i know it no go .yes i did some with a pencil like thing .but i dont have the money to buy all that stuff .i am on a fix income .when i took it a part to oil it i did really look if the wire if it was weld or not. sorry.yes it be looking really good with that blue fan at the back of the pc .ha well i will google to see if i cant find a diagram showing how to replace the fan .maybe they will show or tell if it welded or not .if i gave them the name of my pws box .i let you know
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

ok i did google and found all i need to see to do it .if the wire is weld to the psu the guy said to cut the wire as close as you to the old fan .then if you do not have the welding stuff just twist the wire to getter and rap it with tape do the same with the other 2 wire and after tape all the wire to getter .and that it .and never did mention about getting a electrical shock so am ?????
    vista 32 bits.
    2007 nzxt guardian.
    asus m4a88t-m le.
    apevia atx 500 watts .
    22 acer monitor .

Thread Information