[RESOLVED] [32] Windows - No Disk Error Message

Thread: [RESOLVED] [32] Windows - No Disk Error Message

Resolved [RESOLVED] [32] Windows - No Disk Error Message

This error message appears sometimes when I eject a card from my external irocks 5400 card reader, no big deal. Today it started happening with my DVD burner whenever I took a disc out of the drive. I googled and tried to reassign drive letters, even uninstalled the drives for DVDs and rebooted so Vista could add them again, but now both DVD drives do it when I remove a disk.

The message doesnt occur when I eject my external hard drive or flash stick. I have even unplugged the card reader and it still does the same thing.

Has anyone come across this before and found a way to correct it? It's just annoying to have to press cancel or continue multiple times to get the message to clear away.

Here's the error message that appears

Windows - No Disk

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x764C023C 0x856F1E2C 0x764C023C 0x764C023C

[Cancel] [Try Again] [Continue]

I did a little bit of searching and found that a lot of people are having this problem with Vista. I found a site that should help you with the problem.

http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_c...0000013_with_p

Let me know if this helps if not I will keep looking.

Cheers

I tried that one too before. I bumped drives D to K (D - dvd reader; E - dvd burner; F-I - card reader; J - external HD; K - USB stick) down one letter (E to L) and it still did the same thing for the buner when I took out a disc. So I bumped F down to Z and as soon as I clicked ok, it did the No Disk error. So then I tried another letter, same thing. Then I just put everything back to how I originally had it (D to K) and now both dvd drives do it.

Finally resolved this problem the other day.

Turns out Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 was the cause... or more specifically CorelIOMonitor.exe running in the background.

If you have this error and you have Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 installed, try these steps to solve the issue.

Click:
    1) Start
    2) Control Panel (if you are using Classic View, skip to step 4)
    3) System and Maintenance
    4) Performance Information and Tools
    5) Manage Startup Programs (on the left under Tasks)

Search through the Startup Programs Category for CorelIOMonitor.exe and change it to disabled. You might have to click the button "Show for all users" to be able to disabled it (it will be greyed out otherwise).

Also remember to terminate CorelIOMonitor.exe in your Task Manager or wait until you reboot.

I am now able to remove cards from my card reader and CDs/DVDs from my drive without getting this error anymore.

Thread Information