Office 2003

Thread: Office 2003

Office 2003

My daughter cannot delete Office 2003,I've seen several references to this on other forums...hoping to find a fix here.Any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you have the original installation CD's, you could try re-installing it and then uninstalling it.

Yes she does,and she had it both out and in and out when trying to uninstall.I'm thinking a clean OS install might be the only way to go,as all the registry fix options are a chance take.Her only concern was saving her Quick books files...but I would suppose they could be copied to another drive easily enough!

She shouldn't have to re-install Windows to get rid of Office. Has she tried re-installing Office - not just having the CD in the drive when un-installing? Once the Office install routine has completed, she should be able to un-install Office again without problems. If that doesn't work, there are other options to try.

Try with an uninstalling program such as:
    Add-Remove Pro

It would not let her uninstall at all..she reinstalled on top of old program and even tried repair mode.Nothing worked.I have not tried an aftermarket type uninstall program yet, as she needs Word for her daughters online school work and I did not want to make to make it half there and half not.It does still work kinda sluggishly after you pass all the error screens.

You might try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, a free download from Microsoft. If that doesn't work, you may have to search the registry and manually delete the Office entries that remain.

Thanks...everything appreciated!

Thread Information