Xp Hangs durning cd install

Thread: Xp Hangs durning cd install

Xp Hangs durning cd install

Have the Ms wireless optical mouse on the computer downstairs .Mouse stopped working . deleted software , and tried a install from the cd that came with the mouse . hangs about two thirds into the install . tried downloading it from the site same thing . ran virus software.
    defrag . ran spybot . cd works on this computer .

Use a PS/2 mouse until this gets solved.

You uninstalled it, probably need to clean both the cd and the lens in the cd rom.

May have to clean the regs also. But save that untill after doing the first 3.

I'm using the PS/2 mouse Train .
    it won't install from online either . stops at the same spot . How and what would i look for in the registry ? I forgot how awful those
    p2p mice are .

Go into safe mode, Mouse, expand it, now remove all mice and reboot the computer.

That should remove the wireless completely.

Then we can go from there. Let me know what happens

will do .. should i try the cd after that or do you need more info first ?

Did as you said Train , rebooted , still won't install from disk or online . did a system restore back to when it was working .. optical mouse shows in c drive but still won't work , and software still won't install .

Grrrrrrrrrr.
    If it was mine, it would be in the dumpster. Any way what happened to the wireless mouse I tried to deal with.

Went to a PS/2 optical with tail and staying with it.

I have no idea, unless the ps/2 is bad, might try one that uses the usb instead. Gots me.

That is what i have on the office computer upstairs . Train , I can't tell you how many Window replacements you and the others here have saved me in past posts.
    Thanks for all your help . two new computers and nothing but problems with them , and i'm not one for tinkering with them and causing headaches . Don't know if you want to mark this resolved or not . your call . thanks again .

Your welcome, sorry I could not help out this time.

Lets leave it open, maybe someone can help out.

Not a problem Train , It is tough enough to fix these things when you have them in front of you , let alone on line . The Window is still in tact , so that is some what of a victory .

Thread Information