[RESOLVED] VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8367-8233 Motherboard - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8367-8233 Motherboard

I went into the bios, its an Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG.

I hit delete to enter the cmos screen. It has two default settings. 'load optimized defaults' and 'load fail-safe' defaults.

I've loaded fail safe defaults. I'll see how that goes.

It says the chassis fan is not running. I don't get it. The chassis is the tower isn't it? the tower fan is working.
    Something to do while waiting for long downloads. Atari Adventure

Whoops. I made a mistake anyways. The board is an EP-8K3A+

See if there is a wire from the ps [power supply] to a sensor on the motherboard. If there is and the fan quit running, you should get that warning.

This your mob? http://www.linuxhardware.org/images/.../epox8k3ap.jpg

If that is it, then you can get the manual from http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/products_content.php?ps=77

As noted, that site is slow.

Maybe this hot link to the manual will work.
    http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/download....R1JtUFQwOUM%3D

Quote Originally Posted by Train
    See if there is a wire from the ps [power supply] to a sensor on the motherboard. If there is and the fan quit running, you should get that warning.

This your mob? http://www.linuxhardware.org/images/.../epox8k3ap.jpg
    Yes that is my motherboard. I found the 'fan2' plugin. It's down by the red and blue plug in areas. It has nothing plugged into it which would explain why its reading at zero rpms. lol. I looked around, there's no other fan to plug in there and even if I did get another fan there doesn't seem to be a place to put it.

On a sidenote. After changing my bios setting back to default there is no evidence of the system rebooting while i've been asleep/away.
    Last edited by A31Chris; November 15th, 2007 at 02:21 PM.

If that is it, then you can get the manual from http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/products_content.php?ps=77

As noted, that site is slow.

Maybe this hot link to the manual will work.
    http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/download....R1JtUFQwOUM%3D
    Yes i've found both sites already(that site and the US site) and have tried to download the manuals and anything else I could for my motherboard. Both sites FTP seems to be down, broken or removed.

If this is Epox's level of support, it's not a good thing.
    Last edited by A31Chris; November 15th, 2007 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A31Chris
    Yes i've found both sites already(that site and the US site) and have tried to download the manuals and anything else I could for my motherboard. Both sites FTP seems to be down, broken or removed.

If this is Epox's level of support, it's not a good thing.
    Yes it is slow , r-click the link and selected save as. Should be able to get it.

Well, seems what ever the BIOS error was iseems to be now fixed, which is a good thing.

Yes it is slow , r-click the link and selected save as. Should be able to get it.

Well, seems what ever the BIOS error was iseems to be now fixed, which is a good thing.

Well don't know if it was a bios error yet. First night turned out ok. We'll see how it goes.

As for either. Me and another guy have tried repeatedly over extended periods to download these. the taiwan one downloads at .1 kbs and the US one doesn't even connect.

The taiwan one disconnects. Have not been able at all to download these over repeated attempts over the last month. Writing it up as lost. Did a google search for the manual. will try again later to find another source.

ok got an update. The resetting/rebooting was happening in suspend mode. What it appears to be is my netgear wg311 drivers not agreeing with the suspend mode. When a condition n the network would change(I think connected/disconnected) the netgear drivers would do something that caused the system to reboot.

Upon further experimentation it seems to be a combo of my wg311 drivers and my sygate personal firewall acting weird together when in suspend mode. It does not seem to be my bios settings at all.

When I turn off the netgear during the night it doesn't reboot. Also doesn't seem to reboot if I just shut off the Sygate personal firewall.

More experiments to follow. Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

I'm running sensorview to check the heat of my cpu. Hottest its gotten so far is 122 degrees farenheit. What's the upper acceptable limits for a cpu like mine? Athlon XP 1800?

Thread Information