AVG Scanner Getting Stuck When Running System Scan - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AVG Scanner Getting Stuck When Running System Scan

Good piece of detective work.

What a hassle though eh?

Don't know about the "not uninstalling ZoneAlarm" part though. If I remember correctly I ran across several hits on ZonaAlarm threads when searching for "c:\system volume information\tracking.log" (including the quotes) on Google. There were a number of ZoneAlarm folks having problems with that same file.

Maybe somebody else who is having this problem will see this thread and just delete the tracking.log file first without uninstalling Zone Alarm. It seems that several other scanners including AVG and Zone Alarm are getting stuck on the C:\System Volume Information\*.* folder.

Hopefully somebody will delete the tracking.log file first without uninstalling Zone Alarm and post back if is solves the problem. I am not convinced that uninstalling Zone Alarm was necessary it is just the first step that I had tried for fixing this problem.

When I first uninstalled Zone Alarm my AVG Full Scan still got stuck at C:\System Volume Information\*.* It wasn't till I deleted the tracking.log file that the AVG scan successfully completed again.

Quote Originally Posted by ginky4

Hopefully somebody will delete the tracking.log file first without uninstalling Zone Alarm and post back if is solves the problem.
    I agree, that would be interesting to know.

I just found out from someone who was having the same problem and he did not have to Uninstall Zone Alarm. He simply followed my instructions for deleting the tracking.log file from the System Volume Information folder and it fixed the problem.

Thread Information