May 15th, 2007, 02:07 PM
How do I roll back the last Java update?
The last java update (yesterday) screws up my browser performance - anyone know how to undo it?
Thank - rev
May 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'd uninstall it completely then install the last version.
You can get older versions here...
May 15th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks - I think the latest version is the culprit. It claims to speed things up but the result for me is 10 seconds before ANY browser window opens, or ANY link on any web page.
I posted that problem as a question here but no one really nailed it - then I realized it went with java updates.
I'll uninstall it and try the latest but one.
May 16th, 2007, 06:38 AM
The old version won't have been uninstalled unless you uninstalled it -- just uninstall the new one and you're done.
Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.
May 16th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Might want to check in "Add/Remove Programs" first. (Click Start | Run, type in appwiz.cpl and press [Enter]).
May 16th, 2007, 11:33 AM
It was that easy, I just removed the latest. Everything should be fine now.
Thanks - rev
October 25th, 2010, 03:23 PM
To revert to older Java Update
Today I applied Java's most recent update which promptly broke the Rich Text Editor in my website. I was unable to upload pictures or copy & paste to the editor.
To fix it I went to Add Remove Programs and removed Java 126.96.36.199. Then I followed these instructions below:
To revert to older version of Java and Fix the Rich Text Editor
- Turn off Auto Java updates (so that you don’t accidentally update before the issue is fixed)
- Uninstall Java 6 update 22 (Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs).
- Then go to Java.com
- Click Download button
- Click Other Versions link on left hand menu
- Under Heading “Older Versions” Click Archive Java Technology Products Download
- Java Platform Standard Edition (Java SE) JDK/JRE -6 6 update 21 Click GO
- Select the JRE download
- Under Available Files select jre-6u21-Windows-i586.exe
- https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/[/url] -/USD/ViewFilteredProducts-SingleVariationTypeFilter
October 25th, 2010, 04:33 PM
(Even though my post was May 2007)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)