Any Suggestions for an Ethernet Router?

Thread: Any Suggestions for an Ethernet Router?

Any Suggestions for an Ethernet Router?

I'm ready to replace my SMC Barricade Router. I already have wireless covered with a D'Link NAS with Wireless access point and a Belkin Pre'N Router. But my equipment room is separate and I need a Ethernet Router there. Any suggestions?
    This thing has more bugs than a big city flop house.

I had an SMC Barricade router and replaced it with a Netgear FVS318.
    It has more capabilities than the SMC and has served me very well.

Any Pro's / Con's to the D-Link EBR-2310? My biggest concern would be the ability to forward ports. (easily) I just can't figure out how to do it with my SMC, their terminology is different than what I'm reading about. Of course I would also like the router to work well and dependably. What is the word on the D-Link?
    This thing has more bugs than a big city flop house.

What model of the SMC Barricade router do you have?

IIRC using the web interface to forward ports was as easy as falling off a log.
    I ran several servers from my unit and forwarded at least 8 ports. all you need to do is enter 3 numbers - incoming port, private IP and private port.

In the SMC web interface use the advanced settings, virtual server dialog to forward a given public port to a private IP and private port. The public port and private port can be the same, but it is handy to be able to receive traffic on a non-standard port such as 6789 for remote desktop and forward it to your system on the standard 3389 port that the software is monitoring.

Virtually all consumer grade routers forward ports in a similar fashion how ever some do not allow you to change the port number.

Thread Information