[RESOLVED] Could not find the Macromedia Flash - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Could not find the Macromedia Flash

How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157

Now we have it listed for future reference.

stewart borland--Was it the uninstaller mentioned in Post #5 above?
    Or another?
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Quote Originally Posted by Welshjim
    stewart borland--Was it the uninstaller mentioned in Post #5 above?
    Or another?
    No, really sorry, it was the one you linked for me Completely forgot where I had found it from... just knew it had actually worked!

Many thanks again,

stewart borland--You are welcome. Thanks for posting back. It is good to hear a suggestion worked and/or to get details on an alternative.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Cool Error Message

I have been trying for days to figure out why my computer kept giving me that error message . I finally typed in the message for a web search and found this site. Too bad I found it after downloading all new players 3 differant times and a few new players (the DivX video player was worth it) Anyway, I came here and I seen your post about changing the screensaver, so I tried it and it worked !! Thank you! Then I tried to put it back on my original saver and agin came the pop up, so I went back to the site I got it from and downloaded again, and it works!! So once again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nowie View Post
    Did you used to have a screensaver? If you did, I bet it doesn't load anymore (and you probably didn't notice like me)! Instead, the error message pops up in its place. I don't know exactly what caused all this, but I just went to my screensaver properties and changed the screensaver I had selected.

Hope this helps
    Indeed it did help. I reinstalled my screensaver and the message has gone away. Thank you for the tip.

Flash.ocx missing

A simple fix is to replace the missing Flash.ocx.

Find a file called Flash**.ocx in your C:\Windows\System32\Macromedia folder. Right click on it, select copy, in the same folder, right click and select paste, right click again, and pick rename, rename it "Flash.ocx" (without the quotes). Your problem should be solved.

WD0FIA -

Thanks for the reply but I had already resolved the problem by reinstalling my screensaver.

Stupid problem, Simple Solution

Nowie was correct, its all about the screen saver, just change your screen saver and the problem goes AWAY...thanks all for your imput

Mr.studioleblanc

Quote Originally Posted by Sherie View Post
    Could not find the Macromedia Flash is the era message that keeps displaying every 2 to 3 minutes how do I get rid of this message .
    need to resolve this probleme

Bloody annoying error message

Well done nowie!!..... exactly what was causing my problem;
    A screensaver called system47...... caused the error message.... no idea where this "system47" screensaver came from................ NOW...... I would like to delete it permanently!!!....lol

How do I uninstall the screen saver?
    For Windows 2000/XP, use "Add or Remove Programs" from Control Panel, then look for "System47 screen saver". For Mac OSX, go to your /Library/ScreenSaver folder to remove the module.

System47 FAQs - http://www.mewho.com/system47/faq.htm

Awesome! this is probably the first time i've ever searched for the answer to a problem and found it on the first search result.

I too had the Could not find the Macromedia Flash error popping up on me.
    Sure enough, it's that silly old System47 lcars star trek screen saver.
    It was very easy to verify by going into screen saver choices and clicking 'preview' and of course it didnt work and gave the stupid macromedia flash error.

I didnt notice any uninstaller that came with it, so i just went into add/remove programs and removed system47 screensaver.

Thanks again guys!

I was getting that same error because I'm using that same screensaver. Installing a new version of Flash the other day caused it. But I just reinstalled the screensaver and it works OK, so no need to dump it.

Calfhey! THANKS! I had a Harley Davidson screensaver selected, and changed it to Windows "Photos" screensaver and the error stopped! I guess the HD S/S used FLASH and for some reason couldn't find it.
    Thanks to all for help with this! Great people with great ideas without attitude! AWESOME!

Thread Information