[RESOLVED] Tables in Word 2007 - row height issue

Thread: [RESOLVED] Tables in Word 2007 - row height issue

Resolved [RESOLVED] Tables in Word 2007 - row height issue

Can anyone help me please? I am working on tables in Word 2007. The attached graphic is of 2 tables, one above the other. I am trying to format the top table to match the lower one. I cannot discover why the row height will not reduce. My documents (.doc and docx) contain lots of tables like these and the problem keeps recurring. So far as I can determine there is no hidden text stopping the row heights reducing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any help would be appreciated and acknowledged.

All the best

Batteneye

Right click on a cell and see what the Cell Alignment is. Default is Top Left, and it looks like your table has the alignment set to the bottom. That may be why they won't reduce.
    Nick.

Thanks SuperSparks. You are well named. It seems that wherever I aligned the main columns the number cells were not changing. A few clicks of the mouse has corrected the problem. Thanks again.

All the best

Batteneye

You're very welcome
    Nick.

Here's another problem I can't get my head round. I've been happily converting my tables to a table style with 'Banded Rows'. Now, at table No. 35 'banded rows' is suddenly greyed out.

Any idea, SuperSparks, what is happening?

All the best

Batteneye

Make sure that you have selected the colour scheme as well as having the "Banded rows" box checked.
    Nick.

That's the point. When I select certain tables, all the banded styles disappear from the 'Design' ribbon and the 'banded rows' option is unchecked and greyed out along with the 'banded columns'.

I have formated 36 tables quite satisfactorily but when I hit the 37th, the problem arose. I thought perhaps the file had become corrupted, but transferring the remaining tables to a new file and rebooting has had no effect. Not sure what you mean by a colour scheme. the Table Style I am selecting is Table Grid 1 (one of those which come with the program). It is monochrome.

Any ideas? I notice the question has been asked online before but I can't find a satisfactory answer.

All the best

Batteneye

Thread Information