[RESOLVED] Could not find the Macromedia Flash
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Could not find the Macromedia Flash

Resolved [RESOLVED] Could not find the Macromedia Flash

Could not find the Macromedia Flash is the era message that keeps displaying every 2 to 3 minutes how do I get rid of this message .

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    What are you doing at the time you get the message? Have you updated Flash player to Adobe's new one? Macromedia was bought by Adobe.

flash

'You could run a Search for flash and see what you find. If you have a flash.ocx file or a Flash Player folder, you have Flash installed.' This worked for me - I deleated the file and any thing else to do with Macromedia Flash and I've had no more popups. Thanks to Welshjim.

This link to Adobe will display the current version installed on your system.
    If you dont want to install flash you should block the imaging of them on your web browser via the firewall or your browser options depending on what you use.

Sherie--It sounds like the page has some Flash content and wants to show it to you. But Flash cannot run if ActiveX controls are not allowed to run in your IE Security settings. If Flash cannot run, you will get that message.
    It also sounds like you do not care about (have not missed seeing) the Flash content. If you find you have Flash installed, you should uninstall it per this reference
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
    Once uninstalled, you should no longer get the error message.
    Of course, it you want to see Flash content, you will not only have to have Flash installed, but will have to allow ActiveX controls to run. Post back if you want more detail.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Hey , thanks for all the suggestions i'm still having the same issue after trying your solutions. Photolady theres no paticular thing being done. The era message occurs every few minutes, I do see one new suggestion from Welshjim I'll try it and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks

Sherie--Can you tell us more exactily what that error message says? Better yet, can you post a screen shot? Then we could try to determine who is sending you those messages.
    I recently came across this site concerning Flash messages.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...s_manager.html
    Click some of the links in the left margin under Settings Manager. Do the messages you see look anything like the boxes shown?
    Jim

Wink

I've had the same problem for a while, and while searching for a fix, I came across your post. Readin your post about how the message pops up every 2-3 minutes made me realize it only happens when I'm away from the computer for a while (at least in my case).

Did you used to have a screensaver? If you did, I bet it doesn't load anymore (and you probably didn't notice like me)! Instead, the error message pops up in its place. I don't know exactly what caused all this, but I just went to my screensaver properties and changed the screensaver I had selected.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by 104456
    This link to Adobe will display the current version installed on your system.
    If you dont want to install flash you should block the imaging of them on your web browser via the firewall or your browser options depending on what you use.
    I don't mean to crash this thread but it seems relevant for me! I used the link you gave above to find if I've got Flash installed (and it says I have) so why does my speed test web site and a YouTube video page both say I need it to play/run the page displayed??

Thanks,

stewart borland--In addition to having Flash Player installed on your PC, Flash Player often needs an ActiveX control to run. One of the easy ways to do allow that is to put the URL of the site involved (like YouTube.com) into your Trusted Sites (and, if necessary, uncheck the box "Require server verification...."). Now go back to the site and see if everything works.
    If not, go to the link I posted earlier http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...s_manager.html
    and see if some of the settings under Settings Manager need adjusting. The one that often helps is Global Storage Settings. Set it to "Unlimited".
    P.S. Sometimes, even after doing all the above, you will still be told to install Flash Player. Humor the site. Do it. It does not hurt to install Flash again, even when you know you already have it installed. Then see if things work.
    Also be care to look just below the Toolbars in each window, to see if you are getting an Information Bar notice about allowing an Active X control to be installed.
    Jim

Made them trusted sites - no change! Tried to go for the global storage settings but it comes up saying I need Flash!!! I tried to install it 3 times and each time it says it has

Any other thoughts? ( I also tried control panel, add/remove, and start again, but it thinks it's there OK)

stewart borland--Did you put http://www.macromedia.com/ into Trusted Sites?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Welshjim
    stewart borland--Did you put http://www.macromedia.com/ into Trusted Sites?
    Yup!

Macromedia Flash error sorted

I picked up Sherie's problem on Google trying to resolve the same thing on my pc.

Some interesting info thanks guys and Howie's tip resolved my problem. The chosen screensaver had "disappeared" and was causing the error message. Just changed the screensaver and it's sorted.
    Thanks guys.

Found an un-installer by Flash people themselves - did the trick, thanks again

Thread Information