[RESOLVED] "Could not connect printer to USB port"

Thread: [RESOLVED] "Could not connect printer to USB port"

Resolved [RESOLVED] "Could not connect printer to USB port"

My OS is Vista

I have two printers - a Kyocera Mita fs1010 and an OKI C3400. Both are connected through a USB hub

The Kyocera works fine, but the OKI comes up with the message "could not connect printer to USB port".

I have tried deleting the driver and reinstalling. My computer shows two available USB ports, one of which connects the Kyocera printer which prints with no problem.

I have tried connecting the OKI to each of the ports - but generally come up with the above notice (sometimes nothing hapens at all)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver (with the message that it has installed successfully)

But am stuck _ really do need the printer.

Incidentally I have another computer running XP and there is no problem there.

The OKI driver has been downloaded from the OKI site as being the correct driver for Vista.

Can any one help, please?

PS If I delete the driver, do a re-boot and then re-istall the driver - I am told that the driver already exists , which seems to indicate that deleting the driver is, in fact jut leaving it there.
    Last edited by GeraldXX; April 16th, 2007 at 05:43 AM.
    Gerald
    (Stupid as always!)

GeraldXX--Just a guess. Could the OKI require considerably more power than the Kyocera and more than the PC can deliver, especially when the Kyocera is also connected? Perhaps a powered hub would solve the problem. I assume you have only one USB port on the PC. Is it a USB 1 (or 1.1) or a USB 2 port?
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Many thanks for your response. Over night in bed I had one of those flashes - was one of my toner cartridges empty! It was!!! Replaced with a new cartridge and all is going honky dory.
    Again, thanks for your response.

Gerald
    (Stupid as always!)

HI GERALD,

I HAVE HAD ENCOUNTERED PROBLEM SAME YOURS "COULD NOT CONNECT PRINTER TO USB PORT" WHAT DID YOU DO? CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME ADVISE WHAT TO DO.

HOPING TO HEARING FROM YOU SOON!

MANY THANKS,
    JLJ

I don't really remember the details - so much happens with a computer in two months! So far asa I recall, it was purely that the OKI printer would not connect whilst a caartridge was empty. Putting a new cartridge in cleared the problem.

Sorry I cannot be more explicit.

Gerald
    Gerald
    (Stupid as always!)

Thread Information