Outlook continues to ask for password

Thread: Outlook continues to ask for password

Outlook continues to ask for password

Ever since I moved to a new PC with Vista, Outlook 2002 keeps asking for my passwords (3 POP email accounts) when I try to receive mail. I enter the passwords, check save passwords, but apparently they are not saved. I never had this problem with XP.

Searching MS's data base only showed possible solutions for other OS's, not Vista.

Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks
    Rocky

If you go into tools, email accounts, view or change existing accounts, highlight an account, click change, on the first screen, remember password has to be checked. Otherwise, if you just click the save password box when prompted checking email, it won't save.

Orc, I did that earlier, but it still asks for password.
    Thanks
    Rocky

Unfortunately, it is an incompatibility between Outlook 2002 and Vista. I don't think there is a fix other than upgrading Outlook.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm
    Nick.

SuperSparks, you're probably right, because when I searched Microsoft I found nothing for a Vista fix.

Thanks folks!
    Rocky

One more comment. I can understand, somewhat, Microsoft not wanting to continue to support "old" applications, like Outlook 2002. However, I think for Microsoft to develop a new OS (Vista, in this case) that intentionally causes problems with older versions of their own software is not an acceptable business practice. At the very least they should modify Vista or offer a fix to Outlook 2002.
    Rocky

In fairness though, some things are very difficult to patch. And MS are better than most when it comes to supporting older software IMO.
    Nick.

Thread Information