[RESOLVED] smrgdf program not found - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] smrgdf program not found

Thumbs up Great Help!

Thanks Tom for the help in solving the smrgdf - program not found error during boot up that has been driving me round the bend! - Steve

Many thanks Tufenuf - smrgdf was annoying rather than problematic, unlike that iolo software from so long ago!

smrgdf: but windows does not start up at all

ok i seem to be having a problem past the autochecking section, once it tries to boot up the screen stay black and if i restart it, it just redoes the same cycle. How do i solve this problem?

citrusc8705 sart a new thread and post all the information about the problem you can. Your's seems to be different.

Red face

SMRGDF PROGRAM NOT FOUND IN START UP

I've had a problem at start up getting the message smrgdf program not found. I read Tufenuf's response and attempted to follow it. But when I aggravated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurentControlSet\Control\SessionManager and looked for the value of BootExecute I could not find BootExecute to resolve the problem. Just for your information, I'm obviously a only a novice. And I did have Iolo's System Mechanic 7 Pro on my computer which crashed my computer. I took it to Ciruit City to have it corrected and it was. I had them delete the Iolo program and everything works well except for the SMRGDF PROGRAM NOT FOUND.

Look in each of the HKEY's he posted.

It may be in any of them or all of them or in between.

I looked for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControl\Set\Control\Session Manager and I was able to navigate to this point. However, I could not 'find the value for BootExecute.' Actually I just looked for BootExecute since I have not idea what 'find the value for Bootexecute' means. However, there was no BootExecute. I did this for all of the sessions, there were 3 of them, with the same results. Am I doing something wrong or do I have another cause for the error message?

Since you can not find Bootexecute, it is not there.
    But it is in the regs I'll bet.

See if the program is in:
    hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run

I followed your instructions, i.e. Hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run and the run did not appear. However, in the software section, I found Iolo and deleted system mechanic and all of the components of the program. I had removed the Iolo components double clicking My Computer, but apparently, fragments were still left.

Yes fragments do get left behind when you uninstall stuff. Digging them out can be a pain at times,

Does anyone know how to resolve the error message MRSGDF program not found and autocheck can not be performed. This message appears at startup between the Windows XP window and the desktop. The background is blue. I followed Tufenuf's instructions, as well as, Train's adjustments but to no avail. I had gone on the Iolo web site, and followed their advice, i.e. double click My computer and delete any Iolo items in Local Disk C: Program Files\Iolo\System Mechanic Professional 7. It all started when I had System Mechanic 7 Professional, causing my computer to crash. I brought it to Circuit City and they removed the hangers interrupting some Windows files inactivating the Windows Operating System. I had read about this on a Blog concerning Iolo software. But the SmrGdf issue still remains. I just perused the Microsoft Web site and got some direction, but their directions cautioned that if I make a mis-step my computer will have to under go a complete, destructive recovery. Help!

thanks!

awesome! worked a treat

Smile Tufenuf rules!

Tks MUCH for the help!

Thanks TUFENUF! Your instructions worked like a charm.

Thread Information