I have been using Firefox for over a year now and really like it. However, recently copy/paste has stopped working in it and it is driving me nuts.

When I open a Firefox broswer, copy/paste works the first time. However, after that copy doesn't work. Whatever I paste is always the last thing I cut or copied outside of Firefox. It doesn't matter whether I use ctrl-c or a context sensitive menu to do the copy. If I do a ctrl-x the highlighted text is removed, but when I try to paste what I just cut I get whatever I last cut or copied outside of Firefox.

It doesn't appear to matter where I try to do the paste. It could be elsewhere in the Firefox browser or it could be outside of Firefox, like Outlook, Word, or some non-Microsoft application. Copy/cut seems to work normally everywhere outside of Firefox.

If I close and reopen the Firefox browser, copy/cut works the first time but not after that. I have tried reinstalling Firefox, but it still behaves this way. I am using Windows XP with SP2 and Firefox 2.0.0.1.

Any ideas?

Al