NTAgent.exe and Symantec

Thread: NTAgent.exe and Symantec

NTAgent.exe and Symantec

Hi, I have a user with a sony Vaio with Windows XP service pack 2, and Norton Antivirus 2006.

Since yesterday, and no telling what the email subject was since it was deleted, Norton pops up about every half hour or less, and finds the Trojan.Flush.G Virus, in NTAgent.exe in the Windows\System32 directory. Moves it to Quaranteen, and goes on.

Spybot, Ad-Aware, and Norton Scan has not picked up any problems.

But then NOrton will popup saying its deleted and sent to quarenteen the ntagent.exe in the next moment.

Heres the deal, I go to symantec.com, get the instructions on the Trojan.Flush.G, and go to the areas to remove, and not ONE registry entry, not one file name, etc, referes to NTAgent.exe in the removal instructions of that virus.

Im feeling, that norton is reporting the name of the virus/spyware wrong.

This started yesterday afternoon.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks
    Rj
    Microsoft keeps my Old mind active. Right when I get one Op System figured out, we get a new one RjCrash

Doing a search for NTAgent.exe I see that others have the same problem of it reappearing shortly after it's been deleted by their a/v program. This isn't highly unusual though since many trojans and viruses can replace their own deleted files by design.

Norton appears to be able to find that file but not the others parts of the virus that are still on the computer. Try doing a couple of online scans listed here...

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...d.php?t=167915

It also wouldn't hurt to download and run Ewido/AVG spyware scanner... it's an excellent program.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks Fink. You said it. Same thing for me. Many web searches, and others with the problem, but no solution (yet).

I will download EWido. I have used it in the past. Good thinking.
    Thanks
    Rj
    Microsoft keeps my Old mind active. Right when I get one Op System figured out, we get a new one RjCrash

Thread Information