Belkin N+ router and USB adapter

Thread: Belkin N+ router and USB adapter

Belkin N+ router and USB adapter

I'm helping a fried to setup the wireless router and adapter.

After setting up the wireless security on the router, I connect my laptop to it and find that I only have 11MB connection. My Dell has b/g and I can connect to my own g router at 54MB. The Belkin router is sitting just 1 ft away from the laptop and my own router is about 3 ft away. The site monitoring of my Dell wireless utility shows the Belkin router is a b/g/n. I should have 54MB connection, why it is not?

Then I ran the setup program downloaded from Belkin site for the USB adapter for Win7(64bit). The USB adapter connection shows 54MB. It is a N+ and comes together with the router as a package.

The router's security setting is 64bit WEP. Thanks for your advice.

Exact model numbers would help.

Did you try changing channels? Did you try limiting the router to g/n instead of b/g/n? Do you still have 802.11b clients?

Why are you only using WEP? That might be part of it too. You should at least be on WPA if not WPA2.

Hi, Midknyte, the router is F5D8235-4 v2, the USB adapter is F5D8055 v2. The came is a package so I think they must much to each other. I did the firmware update for the router and install the downloaded driver for Win7 from the Belkin's site. The drivers in the CDs come with the package is for XP,Vista.

I have changed channels and ensure b/g/n are enabled (3 options available: b/g, n only, b/g/n). I used WEP as a test and now changing to WPA2.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wirel...viewed?start=5
    While there is more than 80% drop in throughput when run in WEP 128 mode, WPA/TKIP mode shows a less than 10% loss.
    See how it does on WPA2.

(3 options available: b/g, n only, b/g/n)
    The article confirmed that.

And people wonder why I'm not a fan of Belkin products.

Thread Information