Systemax SYXS-DB-989435

Thread: Systemax SYXS-DB-989435

Systemax SYXS-DB-989435

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of buying this machine from Tiger Direct.

I would like to know your experience with SysTemax computers and also the mother board used in this system.

Seems that for the price it has a lot to offer but how good is the company? Just the Video card retail is $455.00 !

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&CMP=ILC-FPM04

Thanks,
    Macpeteo

Systemax have a good reputation as far as I'm aware, though I have no direct experience, as I always build my own. Intel motherboards are not my favourites, they are nearly always way down on performance - on the other hand, they are pretty reliable.

If you feel up to it, and we can hold your hand right through the process, you might want to look at pricing up some bits and building your own. That way you get exactly what you want, and top-notch build quality too
    Nick.

I wonder what brand of psu and memory it has. For a system and price like that I would want the good stuff. I see you can buy Corsair ram as a (may we recommend) thing. A 500 watts of reboots when the pressure is on or what? I would build for that price and know whats in it. Why do they always leave out the details?
    Last edited by rbc1100; March 8th, 2007 at 06:19 PM.
    Happiness is a journey, not a destination. So work like you don't need money, Ride like you've never crashed, and dance like no one's watching!!!!!

12-29-2006, 03:16 PM is the original post date.

12-29-2006, 03:16 PM is the original post date.
    Did not pay attention to the post date, sorry. But my comments on past present and future prebuilt systems still stands. Unless your dealing with builders such as Alienware and companys like them, you for the most part do not know whats in the system exept for cpu brand and speed, size of hd, amount of memory, gfx (onboard or other) everything else (component brand) is a guess. Not even gonna get into the bloatware subject again.
    Happiness is a journey, not a destination. So work like you don't need money, Ride like you've never crashed, and dance like no one's watching!!!!!

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I don't think Original poster is coming back. His last post was on December 29, 2006 and he's not responded to this one at all. I closed it earlier but it got reopened by accident. So, I think I'm going to close it again. If macpeteo comes back and wants it open again, then I'll do so.

Thread Information