Every time I open IE^ , it comes up as half page and I have to maximize it.

Thread: Every time I open IE^ , it comes up as half page and I have to maximize it.

Every time I open IE^ , it comes up as half page and I have to maximize it.

I use xp PRO, ie6.and just had it reformated, DSL. How to fix this . It is driving me craxy. Have searched Google, no help.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    There is a few fixes, but one I use is open your IE6, go to the bottom of the page and grab the right side corner, and drag it to full size. Now open another IE6 window and do the same thing. You'll have two IE6 windows open. Minimize the second one, and close the first one. Then close the second one. Next time you open IE6 it should stay the larger size.

From theeldergeek :
    • Open a single Internet Explorer window to the smaller size.

• Drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the maximize button to enlarge the window.
    • Hold down the Ctrl key, keep it depressed, and using the mouse click File and then Exit on the menu bar. Do not use the "X" in the upper right corner to close the window.
    • Internet Explorer should now open in a full window.

• If it still opens to a smaller size repeat the above instructions, substituting the "Shift" key for the "Ctrl" key.

Hope this helps

jjjjj777, If you're still having problems follow the instructions below exactly and your problem should be solved.
    Right click the shortcut icon for IE next to the Start button, choose Properties, change it from 'normal' to 'maximized'. Now open it.
    Now right click any link on the page, choose Open In New Window....don't maximize it....instead, use the mouse to resize it to what you want it to be.
    Now close the FIRST window you opened, and then close the new one you just resized.
    Reopen IE from the shortcut icon again, and all windows from now on will be the size you chose and created.
    Note: If you don't have an IE icon next to the Start button (Quick Launch area) use the shortcut in your Start/Programs/Internet Explorer and follow the instructions above.

Another alternative which many use is to go to the link below and download "IE New Window Maximizer" which is Free.

http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.asp

Tufenuf

Thread Information