[RESOLVED] Blue screens of death.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Blue screens of death.

Resolved [RESOLVED] Blue screens of death.

Hi I recently got my computer upgraded, got a another harddrive put in and more ram and new cpu ect. but every now and then it always happens when I am doing stuff it will have a blue screen of death, last time it had one I wrote down the code it said and it said bad pool caller. I know its not spyware or a virus cos I use firefox and I have scanned my computer for viruses with kaspersky 7 thats not out of date cos it updates itself everyday and I use zone alarm firewall and do spyware scans using it. But it has picked up no viruses and it didn't start doing this until I got my computer upgraded. But it said I was running very low on disk space on C Drive and thats my main harddrive cos I have 2 harddrives and C drive has my OS on it. I recently freed about 7 GB of space from my C drive its not a very big harddrive only 38 GB and before I freed 7 GB it only had less then 200 MB. I wanna know if this has fixed the problem cos I haven't had another blue screen of death yet since I freed that space and that was yesterday. Cos my brother said he would pull my computer apart and have a look at the ram and if freeing space from my local C drive has fixed this problem then I wont have to have him pull it apart and look at it.

Since it sounds like you may have solved the problem by simply freeing up some space, I doubt you would find anything by pulling the computer apart.

Freeing up space generally stops certain types of errors.

Might want to take a look at getting some stuff out of my docs.
    Burn it to data cd/dvd, add a second hd.

Internal hdds
    http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...al-Hard-Drives

External
    http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...al-Hard-Drives

All kinds of options available, just need to figure out what will work for you.

Believe me, sooner or later, you will lose everything on that drive!

Okay thats good my brother thought it might of been cos I had my ram in the wrong slot, but if it does it again then I will be sure to get him to pull it open and check the ram. But I put all of my important stuff on my brand new 500 GB harddrive so incase my main one craps out I wont lose my important stuff. Plus I got windows XP on a CD disk so I can put it back on. incase but thanks for your help I now put all of my games and downloads on my new harddrive cos I have 2 harddrives in my computer. But I used to put everything on C drive back in the days when I didn't know much about computers but I have been through my c drive and deleted stuff I dont need and have uninstalled games off there cos they were taking up heaps of space.

Good to hear you got it figured out. Thanks for posting back.

BTW, if you have anything on a hard drive that you may want to keep for more than say 3 years, such as pictures, you may want to burn them to CD or DVD. Hard drives usually fail somewhere between 3-7 years. CD/DVDs can last 50 years and beyond.

Thread Information