Some windows updates are failing to download.

Thread: Some windows updates are failing to download.

Some windows updates are failing to download.

When I say some, actually the majority failed. Out of the 60 critical updates I've tried, it only sucessfully downloaded a little over 20 of them. When I reboot and try again it regognizes that those updates were installed correctly and there are 30 something left. I try to install them and it failes to download them. Are a lot of windows updates brokened through automatic updates right now?

Or might this have something to do with the fact that I did a repair install on this windows install?

Can I clear the list of already downloaded updates incase windows thinks that it already downloaded them? It doesn't even seem like's it's trying to download them, it just says downloading update blah and then failed really quickly.

ind the folder "Catroot2" in Windows\System32 and send it to the Recycle Bin. Then try Windows Update again (that folder will be recreated).
    Nick.

Thanks I will try it, should I leave cat root alone and just delete cat root2?

Well I deleted catroot2 and tried again, same thing failed failed failed.
    Last edited by btcomm; December 4th, 2006 at 12:33 PM.

See if this KB article helps then:

You cannot install updates...
    Nick.

They don't really cover this issue in that article. It installed 20 or so updates from the website without a problem. Also they don't cover in that article what you should do if windows update is telling you that the update failed to download. Also if I manually download the updates and install them it works fine and windows update no longer says I need the update I just installed. I have a feeling that those updates are just brokened right now from the website but the issue is unless I or someone else can take a computer that are missing these updates to the ms website I won't be able to tell if it's the ms website or not. I would just wait it out but I'm trying to get this fixed for someone else and this is just pure frustration.

Thread Information