[RESOLVED] Firefox unable to connect

Thread: [RESOLVED] Firefox unable to connect

Resolved [RESOLVED] Firefox unable to connect

I'm getting the following message from my newly updated Firefox vers.2 :

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at en-us.start.mozilla.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

My Internet Explorer is connecting without any problem.
    Desktop: Pentium 4 630 2 Gb PC3200 DDR 400Mhz RAM; ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard (share memory of 128MB); 16XDual Layer DVD-RW; 40X-CD-RW; 400 W Apex ATX PSU; Windows XP Pro, SP 2; 40GB Maxtor ATA/133 harddrive; 300GB Maxtor SATA harddrive, 16MB buffer; 300GB external USB Seagate harddrive; 3.5" floppy drive

Laptop:
    ACER ASPIRE 5672 CORE DUO T2300 1.66GHZ / 2 GB DDR Ram/ 120GB HDD / 15.4" EXGA / DVD-RW / XP PRO / 802.11BG WIRELESS / BLUETOOTH

Hey friend, I had a simialar problem that occured on Nov. 9. I can connect thru my phone modem at 45.2kbps which is normal for me. But when I attempt to open either ie 6.0 or firefox i get a server not foound error. also my network is not working. My daughters computer running on the same phone line works fine, so that knocks a bad internet server. I have run my panda antivirus scan but that didn't help. I wonder if we got a virus that has not been detected yet. Hope you can figure yours out.

Having same problem since i did the update .

Here is a good place to start in trying to solve this problem.

This is from the MozillaZine forum:

"This article offers solutions to errors you may receive in Firefox or Mozilla Suite when attempting to connect to some or all websites. Error messages may include "The document contains no data" and "The connection was refused when attempting to contact..." or an error page may tell you that the server could not be found or that the connection has timed out."

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website

hth.

Thanks Poppy .

Thread Information