Can anyone help me?????

Thread: Can anyone help me?????

Can anyone help me?????

Hi i'm new on hear and not that good with dos "sorry". I have a satellite 11OCT
    and the hd was no good so i put a new one in and fdisk and formated but i cant get any thing to install i want windows 3.11 don't ask why i just like it lol any way i have the disks but i want to how to mount a virtual
    hard drive as a hard disk in Windows dos through the A: drive can anyone help me please??

Hi ady.

Can you give us more information on what procedure you tried for the installation?

Windows 3.11 doesn't have its own DOS, they were two separate programs. To set up Win 3.11 a bootable DOS must already exist on the hard drive. It will need to be on a FAT16 partition, and the DOS will need to have himem.sys active. You could then begin the Windows installation from the setup disk, provided the disks are still sound.

For the virtual drive, do you mean a ramdrive? You can create a ramdrive from a boot floppy, but it wouldn't help with a Windows 3.11 installation. Maybe I'm not understanding what you have in mind.

Thread Information