[RESOLVED] Internet Explorer 7 behaving badly

Thread: [RESOLVED] Internet Explorer 7 behaving badly

Resolved [RESOLVED] Internet Explorer 7 behaving badly

I am IE7 on windows XP and I am having problems with IE 7 since I installed windows live programs, I have uninstalled them, restored advanced setting and reset, deleted temporary files and still have not resolved the problem.

The problem occurs on various sites like yahoo classic mail. When I log in it displays funny, the mail/contacts/calender/notepad tabs are no longer tabs but are listed vertically. All the frames look very different and there are no pictures. It is like the difference between text based and html based email.

Other sites like my online bank account, will show a header and footer but the login or entry boxes will not be displayed, in yahoo new mail you only get header and footer after logging in. Some others will not show anything at all, like hotmail. I think it must be something to do with webpages that use newer technology (maybe web 2) are being blocked or it could webpages that need to redirected are being blocked. I noticed that the browser is not redirecting me on this website.

I can't access Windows update, it seems like flash is no longer working and I tried to install it but the yellow Active X control link that allows you to install is not showing.

Thanks for your suggestions
    Last edited by BlessedMan; January 13th, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Hold the Ctrl key and then click the download link.

Actually, best bet maybe to uninstall 7 , which will revert you back to 6.

IE7 was butchered to work with XP and why I reverted back to 6 and am sticking with it.

Resolved

I had to do a system restore and that has now solved the problem

Thanks for posting the fix!

For future use, to mark the thread resolved, above your first post is Thread tools, in there is where you can mark the thread resolved.
    I did it for you this time. And thaks for the update!

Thread Information