HP Printer Printing Blurry

Thread: HP Printer Printing Blurry

HP Printer Printing Blurry

Hello,
    I am using an HP Deskjet 940C. It was working fine before, but I recently got a new computer. Ever since then, letters print out slightly blurry. I have tried cleaning the print cartridges and doing the allignment. The problem is that the alignment page prints out 4 sets of rows A1 through A11 and so on through D1 through D11. you need to choose the one that is the best aligment on each row. Rows A, C and D all have one set that is aligned perfectly. unfortunately row B has NONE that are aligned so I can't choose the one that is aligned. I choose the last one which looks the best but still not straight and everything prints out slightly blurry. I have contacted HP and they want to charge $60 just to transfer me to a technician. How can I get this printer to print more clearly?
    Thanks in advance.

When was the last time you changed the ink cartridge? Does your HP have an option to clean the inkheads? Just a couple of things to try. SW

I always use the center of a field when choseing if I cant read it clearly on the typed out page

Also try running a pice of card stock paper through it. On most of the older HP 's their is a cork like pad in the papper feed and chuncks of it break off with usage and sometimes drag on the paper till it doesnt feed corectly. Make sure the paper feed is clear.

The ink cartridges are brand new. We just replaced them like a week ago. As for choosing the center field, the one all the way to the right is the closest to straight, but still very skewed. I tend to choose that one, but I can try a different one and see if it helps. The paper seems to feed through fine, but I can try running a piece of card stock paper through it and see if it helps.
    Thanks

Thread Information