Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior using mega memory.

Thread: Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior using mega memory.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior using mega memory.

Hi all. Have GRAW installed and have found that it uses ~800Mb of RAM and almost the same of virtual memory. My graphics card is in my sig. I have the agp aperture set to 64Mb.
    I am having freezing and crashes after having been playing the game for ~3 months with no problem.
    I did have the agp aperture set to 256 but after reading around the net found that the lower setting is better when using a higher Mb card. I have also disabled fast write in CCC. Have just played the game for about 15 minutes with no problem, but will wait and see.
    My question is, with setting the agp aperture at 64Mb, is that meant to limit the amount of system RAM the graphics card uses and if so, why is it sucking up so much?

Also, I have an AMD 3500+ s939 cpu, a Gigabyte K8 Triton GA-K8NSC-939 mobo and 1Gig of OCZ PC3500 Gold GX UTT BH-5 2.2.2.5 and am just waiting for some more $$'s in order to purchase another psu and a sata HD.
    How much better (if at all) will this be compared to the system I have in my sig? I have zero experience/knowledge of AMD products.

Thanks ppl .

Is it all upto date? with the latest patch?

The new system may improve gaming, as AMD CPU's tend to be geared toward gamers, and Intel as number crunchers, or that is how it used to be anyway. What Graphics Card do you have for the AMD rig?

Also the fact that it will give you some futureproofing to use 64bit Windows/Applications is also a bonus.

Although, checking the price drops at the minute, you would of been better off with the 3700+ San Diego, as it has a 1mb L2 cache, compared to the 3500+ Venice which is 512k. How long ago did you buy the new CPU?

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

Will be pulling the card from this system to use with the Venice. Bought it about 2 months ago for $AU130. I noticed that chips were a bit cheaper at places like Newegg, but they would not accept overseas orders.
    The game has the latest patch installed.

Have you looked at how much RAM the game was using before? i know when i am playing high end games such as this it's normal for 800mb+ memory to be used.

Also i don't think the other system will be too much different for gaming in particular as you will be using the same gfx card, but as liam said AMD are better in this field and there should be some improvement. but i think the OCZ PC3500 with fast timings of 2.2.2.5 should defiantly be noticeable and make things happen that bit quicker.

I'm not entirely sure what the aperture size does in modern PC's but I’m quite sure it's not that important. i really don't think there would be much difference between it being set to 64mb as opposed to 256mb. Does the game still crash when it's set at 256mb?
    Windows 7, Asus P5Q-E iP45 , Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB Ballistix DDR2 800MHz, GeForce 9600.

It was crashing with the aperture set at 256. Now set at 64 so I will have a play later in the day and see how it goes. I have also set the card clock speeds back to their defaults whilst I am troubleshooting it.

Thread Information