[RESOLVED] Printer error with Brother Laser Printer HL-1440

Thread: [RESOLVED] Printer error with Brother Laser Printer HL-1440

Resolved [RESOLVED] Printer error with Brother Laser Printer HL-1440

Hello,
    I am working on a Mac G4 with OSX Version 10.4.7 that is connected to a Brother Laser Printer HL-1440. I recently cancelled a print job in the middle of printing (I realized it was way too long to print), but it kept printing mostly blank pages with a few miscellaneous stars and icons on the top line. I shut off the printer and then turned it back on. I also quit out of the printer icon that was on the docking bar. Three things happened as a result.
    1. My printer icon no longer appears on the docking bar.
    2. When I try to print, it seems to go through with no error messages, but it just doesn't print.
    3. Two of the four lights on the printer are flashing: The "Ready" light is flashing green and the "Alarm" light is flashing red. The paper, toner, and data lights are not flashing or lit up.

I would like to know how to "reset" the printer to start over again and make the lights stop flashing. I've tried turning off the power, holding down the grey button, and unplugging the whole printer to no avail. When I turn the power on again, the lights are still flashing and nothing prints.

Can someone help?
    Thanks!
    Julie

When you turn off the printer in the middle of a print job, there will often be a sheet of paper left stuck partway through the machine. Below are some links that might be useful:

http://solutions.brother.com/Library...prfaq0631.html
    http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/faq/index.html

Thank you so much! You were right - a sheet of paper was stuck in the middle. I removed it following the directions at the link you provided and now it works like a charm. Thanks!!!

Thread Information