Getting truer color from printer

Thread: Getting truer color from printer

Getting truer color from printer

I am having trouble getting a good color pciture from my printers. I feel it must be the settings I'm using within Photoshop Elements 3. I have tried using two different printers (HP 7260 photo printer and Canon Pixma ip600d) Both printers print good color outsite of PSE but not when I print something from PSE. What settings should I be using? I am running PSE from a mac.

Thanks

Lori

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    What are you printing? Photos? If so, are you using any advanced settings before printing? It's the printer that decides the true color and not photoshop elements.

Getting truer color from pinter

Yes I am printing photos. I am using the settings that PSE had when when I installed it. I can print from Iphoto and pages from the internet and the photos are fine but not when printing them from PSE.

Thanks
    Lori

It sounds like a color space conversion issue. Those two printers are probably happiest receiving sRGB color space info (most consumer inkjets are). I'm not sure how you would check what PSE is sending, as I don't speak Mac.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Iphoto is a software prouton, not a printer. It's an MAC thing. Photoshop Elements are basically the same in MAC or PC.

What settings if any are you using in the photos in the printers? There just seems to be some setting that you have to change. I'm not sure, as I don't Mac anymore either. Can you post a sample of what was printed from Iphoto or PSE?

I wasn't referring to iPhoto, but to the two listed printers: HP 7260 and Canon ip600d. My issue with "not speaking Mac" has to do with how the Mac handles choosing color model settings for the printer, or installing new ones, which would be outside the similarities of PC vs. Mac Photoshop Elements.

Thread Information