Enermax psu died!

Thread: Enermax psu died!

raised my children in Irving, Tx.,but now I live in the beautiful foothills area of North Central Arkansas

Enermax psu died!

My psu died...no warning...no nothing...turned computer off one nite...next evening wouldn't turn on...dead. I built this system back in Feb. of this year...ran great..ran cool. I was rather surprised at this sudden death. As you can see in my sig., it's an Enermax 485W Noisetaker. Are ya'll aware of anyone else having any problems with their Enermax's? I have just e-mailed NewEgg about this so I don't know if I will need to send it back to them or to Enermax. I took it down to the local computer store where they confirmed that it was dead. I had to buy a psu from them...called "Black Steel", from a company called CaseGears...a plastic case 480W psu.It doesn't have any of the nice features of the Enermax but so far it's running okay. The store is also a Radio Shack store so I suppose that this psu is 'their' psu product. Oh well.....
    Foxconn A7DA-S AM2/AM2+
    G-Skill 2x2Gig DDR2-1066 ( PC2 8500)
    AM3 X2 250 Regor 3.0 ghz ( @ 3500 )
    Enermax 620w psu
    LG sata dvd/cd drive
    WD 80Gig sata..XP Pro
    WD 160 ide..Linux Ubuntu
    CoolerMaster Centurion 534

raised my children in Irving, Tx.,but now I live in the beautiful foothills area of North Central Arkansas
    Wow...that was quick...NewEgg just e-mailed me an RMA number for a replacement....good thing that I kept the original box.! I have read good reviews about NewEgg's service...now I'll see firsthand about that!!
    Foxconn A7DA-S AM2/AM2+
    Enermax 620w psu
    LG sata dvd/cd drive
    WD 80Gig sata..XP Pro
    WD 160 ide..Linux Ubuntu

It's a shame really, Enermax make great PSU's but I guess there is always one that slips away
    Who are you? Introduce yourself here

P3-450 powered by

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    Gigabyte 965P DQ6
    4 Gig Crucial Ballistix PC6400
    Gainward Nvidia Geforce 7950GT
    2X Western Digital Caviar 320GB SATA2
    Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
    Samsung SH-D162C DVD Rom
    Lite-On SHM-165P6S DVDRW
    Samsung 20" LCD Syncmaster 206BW
    Thermaltake Kandalf VA9000SWA Tower
    Tagan Dual Engine 700W PSU
    XP PRO SP3/Windows 7 64-bit
    --------------
    Samsung NC10 2GB Ram
    Windows 7 32-bit

yea, too bad....but at least I can get it replaced...warranties are really important. I work at one of the major home improvement stores and I see on a daily basis how important warranties are....stuff is constantly returned. Unless an extended warranty is purchased, a customer only has a few months at best in which to be able to bring the merchandise back to the store and get it replaced right then and there...after that, the stuff has to be returned to the manufacturer...and that can take a very long time...and the customer is without the use of that product. So...I am pleased that NewEgg will send me another psu as soon as they get mine. Now that's great customer service!!
    Foxconn A7DA-S AM2/AM2+
    Enermax 620w psu
    LG sata dvd/cd drive
    WD 80Gig sata..XP Pro
    WD 160 ide..Linux Ubuntu

It's just a fact of life that even the best components can still fail. I had an Antec blow up at Christmas that was only a couple of years old If it's any consolation though, the Enermax in my older PC is 4 years old and still going strong
    Nick.

Thread Information