[RESOLVED] File inside RAR is too big to UNRAR

Thread: [RESOLVED] File inside RAR is too big to UNRAR

Resolved [RESOLVED] File inside RAR is too big to UNRAR

The title says it all.

I have 80 files (file.R00 - file.R80) which contain a single 4.3GB file. Everytime i try to unrar it, it stops at ~93% with a "write error, file is too big or not enough space".

The disk has 40GB of free space, and it's in NTFS. Even the WinRAR is in NTFS disk with many GBs free space.

Any ideas are welcome.
    Nafe kai memnaso apistein
    Epiharmos

It's most likely to be a corrupt download. See if you can identify which file it's hanging on, and just download that one again if possible.
    Nick.

There was an SFV file coming with the RAR. Checksum is ok.

I've searched for this problem in google and noticed that many other had the same problem with >4GB files inside RARs. Nobody gave a clear solution though. In most of the cases the verdict was "convert to NTFS, FAT32 doesn't support >4GB files".

The only thing i can assume is that there's something to do with the way i formatted the partition (i did it with Partition Magic and not with the classic NTFS convertion tool of Windows XP)
    Epiharmos

Resolved

Ok, mystery solved (after many days of trying)

I use to click and drag the file from inside the RAR to Desktop or right click tha RAR and "extract to.." from the menu. Both ways never let me extract the file
    Only when i opened the RAR, clicked the file inside and pressed the EXTRACT TO button i managed to unrar it.

I don't know why this is happening. I don't think it's a WinRAR bug or something.. because i noticed that many have the same problem with other software.

The thing is that i finally got rid of this huge RAR and i'm pretty happy about it.
    Epiharmos

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Thanks fopr posting back with the fix
    Nick.

Thread Information