Grapic cards for SIMS 2

Thread: Grapic cards for SIMS 2

Grapic cards for SIMS 2

I need some info about graphic cards that work with SIMS 2. The two that are listed on System Requirements for the game are "ATI Radeon 8500 or greater" and NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS or greater". I ordered the GeForce card from the net but found it is too tall for my case when installed. I have both PCI and APG slots. Is there an alternative "low profile" type card or something to that effect? Or maybe a different card that will work as well on SIMS2? Please help!

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    You need a low profile card like the one in the link below:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150041

Question SIMS2 low-profile graphic cards

Thanks a bunch Photolady....is the link you provided an actual equivalent to the cards required to play SIMS2?...or do I need to search on newegg.com?

Hi and Welcome to Virtual Dr.

I would stay away from the 5200 personally, does your board have an AGP Port or PCI-E? If the latter then i would go for a 6600 low profile from Newegg, if it's AGP then the 6200 would be okay too.

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

I've heard that fx5200 is the worst Nvidia made, but I have to say, I used that very card for two years with no problems. I would say it has to do with who makes the chipset more than the card itself. My son in law used that card also for more then 2 years, without problems.

Thanks Liam....my board has both AGP and PCI ports. Can you send me a link or two to each of your suggested cards? I am not real good with all the specs and stuff....main thing is the card has to run SIMS2, low-profile AND hopefully reasonably priced....~
    Your effort is greatly appreciated!

Liam was talking about PCI-e slots which your computer most likely does not have since it has an AGP slot.

Below is a link to the Geforce 6200: If you buy from newegg, you'll get good customer service, always.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125217

Stay away from any video card that carries the brand name eVGA. But that Gigabyte is a good name.

No probs, I actually asked if your board has AGP or PCI-E (PCI-Express), so i'm guessing just AGP. So here is the 6200: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125217

EDIT: Snap PL.

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W

:d

Thanks you two....the card is ordered...finally~
    Appreciate all!

Glad we could help.

Liam I noticed you didn't pick the eVGA card either and you also picked the Gigabyte....can we say "Great minds think alike" here?

Liam I noticed you didn't pick the eVGA card either and you also picked the Gigabyte....can we say "Great minds think alike" here?
    Yup.

I'd usually go for Gigabyte, or Gainward/XFX/BFG with Nvidia cards, eVGA have made their own factory overclocked high ends cards, and i admit i haven't heard anything bad, but i'd go for Gigabyte over them, especially when it was cheaper.

And you're welcome JennySue.

Liam

I've heard a lot of bad eVGA cards lately. I had two in my shop that were eVGA were bad right out of the box.

Thread Information