Where is Canon printer Driver Version # ?

Thread: Where is Canon printer Driver Version # ?

Where is Canon printer Driver Version # ?

I had been having a problem with Print Preview not working on my Canon Pixma MP500 and I think that upgrading Canon's Easy-WebPrint may have cured the problem. Now I want to find out which version driver I have because Canon says that Ver. 1.02 is the one for WinXP. Can someone please point me in the right direction [edit: I mean, where do I look to find the version of my current driver]? Thanks

[Edit: I also know the old axiom "if it ain't broke etc." but this will be good info. for me to know]
    Last edited by 307WRC; May 6th, 2006 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Clarity
    “If Ernest Hemingway was going to go big-game hunting in Africa, Hunter S. Thompson wanted to use a submachine gun to hunt wild boar in Big Sur, Calif. He was dangerous, like handling nitroglycerin, and he liked to keep it that way.”

Douglas Brinkley, executor of the Thompson estate

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    If you go to control panel, click on Printers and faxes. Right click on the printer icon, select Properties, and choose Version Information you should find the driver version. If yours shows a driver tab, click on that it should tell you which driver it's using.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I do not see a tab called "Version Information" (I have XP Pro, if that matters). In "Advanced" there is a line called "Driver" and it lists my printer (in a drop-down window) as a Canon MP500 Series. To the right of that drop-down window there is a tab called "New Driver..." which opens an "Add New Printer Driver Wizard". I haven't seen anything yet that tells me the version of my current driver. BTW, there is no "Driver" tab either.
    “If Ernest Hemingway was going to go big-game hunting in Africa, Hunter S. Thompson wanted to use a submachine gun to hunt wild boar in Big Sur, Calif. He was dangerous, like handling nitroglycerin, and he liked to keep it that way.”

Douglas Brinkley, executor of the Thompson estate

You could print a test page. It will give you info about the installed driver.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Canon test page might do that, but my Epson test page only shows what colors I have missing.

307WRC--
    When you click Properties per photolady's suggestion, do you see an About tab. Perhaps the number there is the driver version?
    I wonder if Belarc would provide the info?http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Or perhaps visiting Canon's Driver Update website?

But having said all that, if it works, perhaps do not fix it.
    Last edited by Welshjim; May 8th, 2006 at 03:57 PM.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thread Information