Front Panel pin outs for Compaq Presario 5000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Panel pin outs for Compaq Presario 5000

I think SS is talking about PC Wizard.
    http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

After installing hit the second Icon in the top row in the left pane and read the right pane.

Oops, forgot the link

Thanks Train
    Nick.

Just a quick question

Oh boy, easy solution I would suspect; however, my computer is all ready in the new tower, and without power yet, wondering how to pul this off.

I don't have the old tower anymore thinking this was going to be an easy "installation" lol Boy did I learn a valuable lesson the hard way lol

Any suggestions?

What you need to do is to try the SW (Pwr) connector on various combinations of header pins, until you get it to start up. You won't hurt anything by connecting the switch to the wrong pins. At least once you've got it powered up you will stand a much better chance of identifying the mobo, and we may be able to help you find out which are the other pins. I had a similar situation few years ago, and that's how I solved it.
    Nick.

Do you have a group of pins marked "J10" (on the motherboard)? Maybe something like this:
    Code:
    o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o
    o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o
    (Note that sometimes there will be one or more pins missing in the group).
    Now look near one of the corners of J10 for a little "1", which would mean pin "1". Even though the other pins aren't usually labeled, below that would be pin "2" and to the right of it would be pin "3", like this:
    Code:
    01 03 05 07 09 11 13 15
     o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o
     o  o  o  o  o  o  o  o
    02 04 06 08 10 12 14 16
    (Note that this numbering can also be reversed ... right to left and/or down to up).
    If you see something like this, try hooking your Power button to pins 15-16. If that works, connect the Power LED to 11-13, HDD LED to 5-6 and Suspend LED (if you have one) to 3-4.

Are you sure about 15 & 16 Doc? I can't say that I've ever seen the connectors jumping across the rows like that, they are always between pins on the same row in my experience.
    Nick.

It is possible that I may be interpreting it wrong. I got it from pages 15 and 16 of the http://www.motherboards.org/files/manuals/78/6513WU.pdf manual, (which was referred to earlier in this thread).
    It would probably help if we could see a closeup pic of the same set of pins on PCAddict's motherboard.

Thread Information