Front Panel pin outs for Compaq Presario 5000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Panel pin outs for Compaq Presario 5000

Hybrid View

Front Panel pin outs for Compaq Presario 5000

I need the Motherboard Manual or the Front Panel pin outs for A Compaq Presario 5000 Model no.5BW220,Motherboard No.BMW 191767-003.
    Celeron 633 CPU.So far I found the power switch and HDD LED Pins but no luck with the Puwer LED or Speaker pin outs.

I have searched the Web for hours to no avail,any help would greatly appreciated.

Does this look like tha manual for that board?: http://www.motherboards.org/files/manuals/78/6513WU.pdf

If not, see sulbert's "Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:27 pm" post (little drawing) on this page: http://www.motherboards.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=33145

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr
    Does this look like tha manual for that board?: http://www.motherboards.org/files/manuals/78/6513WU.pdf

If not, see sulbert's "Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:27 pm" post (little drawing) on this page: http://www.motherboards.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=33145
    I also found those in My search but although very close they are not the correct ones,thanks .

Try running Everest, it may identify the motherboard more precisely whilch will help in tracking down tha info:

Everest

But if all else fails, you won't do any harm to anything to just keep trying every combination of pins until you hit on the right ones. I've had to do that in the past, and I got them all in the end.
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparks
    Try running Everest, it may identify the motherboard more precisely whilch will help in tracking down tha info:

Everest

But if all else fails, you won't do any harm to anything to just keep trying every combination of pins until you hit on the right ones. I've had to do that in the past, and I got them all in the end.
    I do have Everest installed and it does not give any information about the Motherboard except "Compaq pc",I will have to follow your suggestion of trying different combinations and see what I come up with,thanks a lot, I will post back with the results later.

Tried every possible combination except those more than three pins apart but no luck.The block has 19 pins,10 on one side and 9 on the other (the fifth pin is missing) . I was able to locate the Power Switch and HDD LED both on the side with 9 pins and they are both functioning correctly,the thing is,nothing is labelled so I can't even tell which is pin no. 1.

At this point, I am exploring another source for connecting the Power on LED,any suggestions?,thanks.
    Last edited by algoma; March 31st, 2006 at 10:55 PM.

After some hunting around I found this. It's definitely for a Compaq mobo, but I'm not 100% certain that it's for your exact model:

http://mobokive.dyndns.org/Archive/C...frontpanel.jpg
    Nick.

Thank you very much SuperSparks, unfortunately, it is not the diagram for the Motherboard I have. The system is up and running very well except there is no Power LED.All I really need is the Motherboard Manual but so far,no luck.I will keep searching and maybe I will get lucky.I appreciate your help.

Remember that the LED is polarity sensitive, so on each pair of pins that you try, if it doesn't light up then turn the plug through 180 degrees. If you still don't get any luck, you could plug into a spare Molex plug with a suitable current-limiting resistor in series. I've got the formula to work out the value of the resistor around here somewhere if you need it.
    Nick.

I am aware of the polarity issue and as I mentioned before ,I found the correct pins for the HDD LED,which is Polarity sensative, and the Power on switch using a known working LED taken from an old Computer,this LED has two seperate plugs so I am able to switch them around and even tried it on the first and third pins etc.in every combination but was still not able to get the LED to light,this is very strange as I had to do this sort of thing before and was able to locate all the necessary pins and the correct polarity without much trouble.

I wonder if it is possible that Power Switch and/or the HD LED,which are both functioning properly, could possibly be on one of the pins required for the power on LED as I have not disturbed them,what do you think?.Thanks again.

Yes that's a definite possibility. I once had to find the right pins on a mobo that I didn't have a manual for, and I managed to put the power switch onto a pair that would fire it up, but wouldn't then shut it down again. So you can certainly be one pin out and still get apparent functionality.
    Nick.

I finally found the pins for the Power LED,the posative pin was on one side and the negative on the other side several pins away,I had to split the connector into two seperate plugs for it to work..The problem was, I am using this Moterboard in a standard ATX Case with seperate connectors whereas the original Compaq Case had a single Connector,the problem in solved and I wish to thank everyone for trying to help Me,your assistance is much appreciated.

You're very welcome. I'm glad you got it sorted out in the end
    Nick.

2010 And I need the same information

I was reading this forum and it's the exact information I need to put my Presario 5000T system in my new HAF 932. However, all the provided links in this thread are defunct.

I tried to hook the front panel connectors to the MOBO, but I did it wrong, as I only get the blue lights on the power button lights.

Can someone help me with this information?

Run this nice freeware utility, and see if it will give an exact ident on the motherboard please.
    Nick.

Thread Information