Failed BIOS upgrade Failure Pre-POST

Thread: Failed BIOS upgrade Failure Pre-POST

Failed BIOS upgrade Failure Pre-POST

I am running a 8363A-686B-6A6LMT5BC-00 motherboard, a few years old. There is a HD barrier on the current version of the BIOS that I was running. I attempted to apply a newer version of the BIOS to solve this problem. The BIOS appeared to work then on reboot I get a blank screen. It appears that my BIOS is blank/corrupted. After shorting the jumper, removing the battery etc. nothing was accomplished. I am wondering now if I required a new BIOS because of this. If you can give any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to VirtualDr

Did the upgrade have a "back up the old bios" option? Have you looked on the site where you got the upgrade for trouble shooting this problem?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I got the BIOS from the ABit website. I don't recall the software asking me to backup the BIOS. Would this backup been stored in the default CMOS? I think I am pretty much SOL when it comes to this now. I have no backup therefore no way to restore it. I will check the ABit website and maybe send them an email. Maybe they can do something about it since it was there software the FUBARed my machine. Any ideas?

These folks may be able to help if you can't find any recovery options:

http://www.badflash.com/
    Nick.

Well that is an option I guess. Only thing I am worried about is ordering a new BIOS waiting weeks then it not working. This really makes me mad since I downloaded the correct BIOS from ABit. Maybe I could send a complaint there way?

I just found a replacement motherboard for cheaper than the BIOS. It also is an upgraded one from the one I already have (video and sound). Thanks for all the help.

You're very welcome. That sounds like a better plan
    Nick.

Thread Information