How to close Norton Internet Security?

Thread: How to close Norton Internet Security?

How to close Norton Internet Security?

To free up as much RAM as possible for online gaming I want to close NIS. In the task manager I believe it's processes are CCAPP.EXE, CCEVTMGR.EXE, CCPROXY.EXE, CCSETMGR, but access is denied when trying to end any of these. I am able to close them when using Security Task Manager ( http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/ ), but this seems to disable the internet. It doesnt officially 'disconnect' the PC; the connection icon remains in the system tray as though it were still connected, but no net-related things will work. I can only use the net again if I restart the PC, with all the NIS things again.

You think there'd be a way to exit NIS through the program like every other program I know of - perhaps I'm just stupidly missing it? The closest I see is the option to Log off, though this of course does not actually CLOSE the program so memory is still being used.

How to enable or disable Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall
    http://service1.symantec.com/support...03071515220236

DanoSpello--If you disable NIS entirely, are you planning to replace it with antivirus and firewall programs from other sources? It is very dangerous to run a PC with an internet connection without these programs.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

I agree. Numerous people have shown that an unprotected PC can be compromised within minutes of being connected to the internet.

It is not a great idea, but...

All you have to do is right click on the Norton icon in the notification area (where the clock and volume are usuallyfound) and there is an option to disable NIS or disable NAV autoprotect. The NIS icon looks like a yellow football.

When you select disable it will prompt you to enter how long you want to disable it for - 5 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 4 hours or until the system restarts.

Whatever you choose NIS will load normally when you reboot.

I hope you are feeling lucky! :-)
    Grant

WIN XP Home SP2, NTFS, 2 Gb DDR400 Memory, 256Mb NVIDIA Geforce FX5000 video card, IE8, USB cable broadband, Kaspersky IS 7.0

Thread Information