Audio (Sound) Distorted DVD Player

Thread: Audio (Sound) Distorted DVD Player

Audio (Sound) Distorted DVD Player

On my Dell laptop - E1505, my Cyberlink PowerDVD audio (sound) is distorted when trying to play a DVD in the DVD Player. I have Windows XP Media Ceenter on it - the original operating system that came with the system.

Every year I go on vacation & this happens. I have I just recently called Dell, since I have warranty on hardware until this July. I spent (2) separate days on the phone with them. They wanted Power DVD software on my computer - extension .VLO (according to Dell). They mailed me a new one, because at the time of my (1st) phone call I could not find it. After the call, I found the software & installed it plus upgraded to a newer version that I had downloaded previously. I still have the same problem of Audio (sound) is distorted.

I sent them an e-mail after the 1st call indicating it did not work. They called me back I spent some time with them & they replaced the Audio & Video drivers on the computer. They think the problem is Cyberlink Power DVD. What product or products do you recommend for playing DVD's on your computer or do you recommend any one that I can buy to replace the one I am now using?

Thanks,

DarElls

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Buy a DVD/CD cleaner disk, sold where music cds are available, and clean your dvd drive. It might be just skipping and why the sound would be distorted.

Also try instlalling VLC.. a free and good media player capable of playing DVD's to see if the problem persists. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

That will at least enable you to discount Power DVD as the culprit.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information