File Sharing

Thread: File Sharing

Question File Sharing

Her's my setup:
    PC #1 Desktop: Win XP Home, Cabled to Motorola Router, ZA free Firewall. I can see PC #2 and access shared folders and transfer files from #1 to #2.

PC #2 Dell LT: Win XP Home, Wireless connection to Router, ZA free Firewall. I can see PC #1 on the network but the (2) shared folders do not show up. When I click on PC #1, I get the following screen:
    \\FamilyPC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if You have access permissions. Access is denied.

Both PC's have been placed in each ZA's trusted zone and the security lever at medium.

Both PC's access the internet ok.

Did you set up the same windows permissions on PC2 as you did on PC1 more here and here

The shared files on both PC's have been checked to share and to allow others on the network to change these folders(ie; add or delete from). I believe some setting or lack of in ZA is preventing my LT from accessing the shared folders on my desktop..............

Remove all firewall programs while troubleshooting network. That is the only way to be sure the firewall is causing the problem or not.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...vefirewall.htm
    Eric

ECross

I disabled and uninstalled ZA from both pc's and still get access denied when trying to access shared folders on PC #1 from PC #2(LT). I do have the firewall enabled on my router. Would this be the problem or do u have other suggestions to try? I have since upgraded ZA free to the Pro version thinking this would help but it has not.
    Last edited by JCurtis; December 19th, 2005 at 05:45 PM.

To review. Are the folders on both computers set up to share? You said they were and sounds like one is. That is something that is overlooked alot of times. And sometimes you have to reinstall your set up for networking on one of the computers. And last all firewalls should be disabled when troubleshooting. ZA is bad about conflicts in networking.

Thread Information