Online Database Help

Thread: Online Database Help

Online Database Help

I've been given the duty to help with my state agency Texas Department of Criminal Justice to work along with overcrowding at the Dallas County Jail with our offenders. My conclusion is that an online database tracking system of these offenders through what we call (Pre-Revocation Process)...

I have not been able to find a suitable online web database online or software base. Also I was looking for websites that you can hire someone to program one, but unable to find one. I know they are out there, but don't know how to search google or yahoo.

I currently have a Microsoft Excel Database of about 600 offenders.
    I have a friend that is designing this also into Microsoft Access. but I really need the
    spreadsheet to display on the web, and it would be helpful if I did the data-entry via web also.
    Last edited by Tinkertron; June 17th, 2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: addition
    Will update soon

This is what my company uses to track clients and service requests:

Intuit QuickBase: Web-based Software Built on the #1 Online Database
    http://qblp.quickbase.com/brand/?pro...campaign=brand
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks Steve Jones, I will give it a try-out and let you know how everything goes.
    Will update soon

Sorry Steve but for some reason or another my company has part of this site Proxy Block because it's known for web hosting. I'll have to try this at home or wait till our I.T. department is able to unblock it.
    Will update soon

It's a fairly simple/basic/medium powerful database....We're a software comany "on a budget."

But, we set up clients....add service requests that allow you to attach files...and it'll do email notifications when someone updates/creates a service request based on settings you control.

For example - I do a SR to record a BUG and I select "Global" as the classification. When I click the save button - an email with the infro gets sent to the development team..

You can control what users can/can't do etc.

I haven't been to Lou Sterrett since 1995 which was a bad year
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Ahhh I see that you're from Dallas. But when you mention the County Jail name, it may me look up to see where you were from LOL. So why would U be at the county jail? Please tell me you were there to praise the word of God to those offenders. LOL
    Will update soon

Thread Information