How can I see what group policies have just been applied?

Thread: How can I see what group policies have just been applied?

How can I see what group policies have just been applied?

I don't know if I have posted in the correct forum, but I figured that I had to pick one.

I have just resolved a problem in the Office Suite where Macro Functions are being greyed out. I am a desktop support person in a large agency. I cannot rely on the admins to resolve this unfortunately.

If I remove a certain key from the registry then everything is ok even if I reboot.

However, if I do a gpupdate /force the keys in the registry return. How do I isolate what policies were just pushed to make that happen?

I tried a gpresult and that didn't get me anywhere (probably my limited understanding of it).

Thank you.

Nice to see you found the offending registry entry and located the cause of the macro issue.

You have probably already seen the links listed below:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...group+policies

Yes, you are right. I need to go back and let the world know. I have never found the answer in google. A little process monitor took me a long way but you pointed me in the right direction.

I'll check the link you posted, I was overwhelmed with too much info the first time so this should help.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Nice to see you found the offending registry entry and located the cause of the macro issue.

You have probably already seen the links listed below:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...group+policies

Thread Information