keyboard mapping error'?

Thread: keyboard mapping error'?

Unhappy keyboard mapping error'?

hello, im having an issue with some of my keys not working correctly on my keyboard. first of i noticed that my shift key on the left acts as an enter and shift together. the shift on the right acts as a shift and ' key. also my backspace key acts as a backspace and == sign. when i say these keys act as both i mean that they do both commands if i hit backspace it delets the character before it and replaces it with a= sign. any help would be.. wll helpful. sory for the lack of punctuation and captial letters i seem to be lacking that capability

Welcome to VirtualDr

Is this a desktop or a notebook?
    Have you tried a differenet keyboard?
    Does rebooting help?
    Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this starting?
    Might consider going into Device Manager and deleting the keyboard and rebooting.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

keyboard broken

thanks for the reply. first off this is a notebook, ive taken off the keyboard cleaned it made sure the ribbon cable was properly plugged in etc. i also uninstalled the drivers for the keyboard and reinstalled them. something i fogot to mention in the initial post is that i was wondering if this is a keyboard combination of some sort''? maybe a left handed enter. i only wonder because i think it some combination of keys i hit to get it perform this way.
    Iwill try uninstalling the keyboard through device manager but i doubt it will work.
    thanks for the help

Thread Information