HELP: Correcting lost drag and drop function without reboot?

Thread: HELP: Correcting lost drag and drop function without reboot?

Question HELP: Correcting lost drag and drop function without reboot?

Hello all,
    This my first post on V Dr. and I hoping to finally resolve a Problem with the drag and drop function. I work almost daily with alot of multimedia files......sound,photos,vids and in the process drag and drop numerous files into editors, players ect... For some reason unknown to me I keep losing drag and drop ability actually just the drop ability and the only way to get it back is to reboot. The problem is very, very frustrating as I'm forced to reboot numerous times in a day. Anyone who has sought answers from microsoft understands why I'm here Even more frustrating is that there are no specific actions or programs that seem to cause this, making it very difficult to diagnose. It may happen after D & D 100 files or 2 files. It might show up immediately after reboot or may work for hours and is in no associated with any one program.
    Is there a way to correct this problem without reboot?
    Anyone know the files related to drag and drop function?

Processor :Intel Pentium III EB @ 935 MHz

Operating System :Microsoft Windows 98SE 4.10.2222 A

RAM: 256 MB (2 x 128 SDRAM PC133 @ 133 MHz)

You could try this, it might work:

http://www.aumha.org/reg1.htm

Back up your registry first, if things get worse you might have to restore it.

Here is some info:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;256419

How to restore:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221512/EN-US/

If you have any questions ask away.

boots

Hey thanks boots for the link...very useful site. Unfortunately their fix was no help ...in fact made it worse . I had already tried a simular fix before I signed up here. Anyway I was just about to blow my computer up as the problem happens to be torchin my tolerence as I type. I probably would be slightly more tolerant if I upgraded the pentium III 933Mghz so it didn't take so long to reboot. For some reason I expect it to just work ! I have always been the type who fixes anything I own and am usually fairly successful at it but tend to throw things when I can't. My frustration with this specific problem stems from how random it is. Tough to solve when there are no clues.....or bread crumbs nothing or no action that seems to cause it. I thought I had it nailed when I tried refreshing and it worked but not for long. Once it occurred again refresh didn't help. Still looking for info /details on which windows files relate to drag and drop

Thread Information