Konica Minolta 1350W Print Queue Hangs

Thread: Konica Minolta 1350W Print Queue Hangs

Exclamation Konica Minolta 1350W Print Queue Hangs

I've recently bought the Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W and have ran into a huge annoyance. After a print job, the Windows printer queue list shows the printed document to still be in the status of "Printing" and stays that way for about 3-4 minutes. At the same time, the printer's orange Error LED light begins to blink (every 4-5 secs) and the green Ready LED light also blinks alternately with the Error light. When the stalled print job does clear, the printer will continue to the next job, and hang again.

I have contacted the Konica Minolta Customer Service people and they've given me two "solutions". The first solution was to disable "bidirectional support" in the Printer properties, under the Ports tab. This fixes the printer queues that hang, but when printing multiple jobs all print jobs except the last one come out blank.

The second "solution" was actually just telling me that the Printer and Application/Windows are communicating different paper sizes and that I should try taking paper in and out of the tray to reset the paper size. This apparently worked for some reason while I was on the phone, but didn't work at any other time since then.

The printer is connected through a parallel port. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and drivers many different ways. I'm printing text files (Word documents, Web pages, etc.). I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Problem with parallel cable. Maybe the 1350W doesn't like connecting with parallel.

Either way, I returned it and bought an OKI. Should have done this in the first place.

I bought the 1350W about a month ago, and had the same problem described in the first post: the printer would only print the first document sent to it, and after that it'll refuse to print any other. No error messages or anything, it just sat there. I had to reboot the computer everytime I wanted to print a document.

I tried changing the settings (IMF, bi-directional printing, etc), but came across a "settings cannot be changed" message each time. BTW, I am running Windows XP without the SP2, and have my printer hooked up via a parallel cable.

I finally put a call through to Konica Support, and got the solution:
    1. Remove the printer by using Windows' "Add/Remove Program" feature
    2. Insert the CD that came with the 1350W, but DO NOT proceed with the automated install
    3. Use Windows' "Add printer" feature
    4. Choose the "Have Disk" option (since you have the 1350W CD)
    5. Install the driver found in Drivers\English\Win2K_XP; that should be M2KXP_Q.inf
    6. Finish the install, and reboot the computer.

The above steps worked for me. Hope it helps somebody else.

Hi kdb161, and Welcome to Virtual Dr.

Thankyou for posting your solution, i'm sure it will help others in future.

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

Thread Information