speakers not loud enough

Thread: speakers not loud enough

speakers not loud enough

That's simply my problem, my desktop speakers aren't loud enough on my new computer. They're just cheap temporary things but they worked fine on my older computer. My volume is maxed out and I've fiddled around with the volume controls and my sound card control panel and nothing seems to work.

My sound card is a:
    C-media AC97 audio device

I'm guessing that the sound card is the problem. Any ideas?

Do you have a seperate soundcard or is it Onboard, if it is onboard and your speakers are not powered then the pre-amp signal may be too small to get adequate volume.

Dennis

Besides the Main Volume control, you might want to fiddle with the Wave sound control.
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

Quote Originally Posted by devans123
    Do you have a seperate soundcard or is it Onboard, if it is onboard and your speakers are not powered then the pre-amp signal may be too small to get adequate volume.

Dennis
    Hmmm...I guess it's onboard, which speakers are powered?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Speed
    Besides the Main Volume control, you might want to fiddle with the Wave sound control.
    How do I access the Wave sound control?

The way how I access it from WindowXP Pro is to go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio.

Go to the Volume Tab and click on Advanced... for Device Volume. Notice that you can control the speak volume from here too. Anyway, once you click the Advanced... button, the Volume Control should pop up. Click on the Option menu and properties. It will show you all the controls that your sound card have.
    Last edited by Falcon Speed; May 14th, 2011 at 08:05 PM.
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

Hmmm...yeah, it's not a settings issue. Must be the preamp thing.

Most likely you will need to get a set of speakers with a built in amp. Some sound cards just dont have enough power to run speakes by themselves. You can pick up a nice set 2 speakers & a subwoofer for around fifty or sixty bucks these days, I would recommend Altec Lansing. Sidewinder

My mic doesn't appear to work either.

Thread Information