[RESOLVED] folder lock 5.0.4

Thread: [RESOLVED] folder lock 5.0.4

Resolved [RESOLVED] folder lock 5.0.4

I forgot my password... what to do now?
    Can't uninstal it eather!

Q39. I have forgotten my password, how can I get my files back?
    You can use your Master Key, which is your registration key in the password text field, and click the OK button to access your files. Master Key is available to registered users only. Enabling this allows people who have forgotten their password to use their registration key in place of a password to unlock their files. This option is checked by default in the registered version. You can uncheck it if you feel it would be even safer. However, you should uncheck it only if you have a very good memory. But for oblivious people like me, it is better to keep it checked, because it is the only way you can get your files back if you forget your password.

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

My is not registered... only 1 day old. And I only whant get rid of it....
    No I didn't lock any files, so no problem there. I just wanted to uninstal it... and once again I need the password even for that!

Yeah its for security:

Q27. How to uninstall the program?
    Folder Lock can only be uninstalled by clicking the 'Uninstall Program' button, which you can access after clicking the Options button. You cannot uninstall the program directly without entering the password. This is done to protect the program from being uninstalled by other users and to avoid the program and locked files getting deleted accidentally. Do not try to delete the program manually. Use only this option to remove the program from your computer.
    I think your best bet would be to contact "New Softwares" and ask advice: http://www.newsoftwares.net/contact.html

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W

You may be able to get around the problem by running System Restore to a point before you installed the app. You'll still need to manually delete the files afterwords, but that will get rid of its registry entries and effectively uninstall it.
    Nick.

I don't use sistem restore.
    I use acronis true image

I solved it!
    At http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/uninstaller.exe
    I downloaded theirs uninstaler which fixed problem

Glad you got it sorted..............i must of missed that when i was roaming the site.

Liam

Thread Information