MS Outlook - NexCard?? Whatsit?

Thread: MS Outlook - NexCard?? Whatsit?

MS Outlook - NexCard?? Whatsit?

When I open or close my Outlook, I get 2 popups from a program called Corel NexCard SQL, which tells me I need to index my address book. It won't let me access my e-mail, until I tell it to "cancel"--twice. I can't find it anywhere, or in the registry. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks, Doc, but neither one of those contains any info on how to remove their obnoxious software, that I didn't request, didn't install, and can't find on the system, except when I open Outlook.

NexCard 8.x extends addressing functionality into multiple MAPI-compliant applications: Novell GroupWise 5.2/5.5, Corel WordPerfect Suite 8, Microsoft Office 97: Outlook 97/98,

I would check for the program in Outlook, and look for a way to disable it there.

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

I know this is an old issue, but I just rebuilt a PC, added Word Perfect since I have a lot of existing WP files, and I'm having the same problem. Nexcard appears nowhere on the PC but pops up everytime I open Outlook (2007). I've checked Add-ins and there's nothing there. Do you get a solution to this problem?

Thanks, but they didn't help.

What have you actually tried from the links I posted?

Option 1 (3rd link above): Answer the questions and complete the setup process. The windows should then go away.

Option 2 (2nd link above): follow the instructions in the Fix and Cause sections.

When I saw your email, I decided to go over the links again. I had actually skipped the first one because I don't have GroupWise installed. This time I read it closer and tried going to start/setup/mail. When I clicked on Start I didn't have setup, so I fecided to try Control Panel since it's like a setup. There was Mail and I clicked on it and started going through the tabs. And sure enough, under Data Files/Address Books there it was. I removed it and it's gone. Thanks for saving an old man's sanity. I really appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    What have you actually tried from the links I posted?

Option 1 (3rd link above): Answer the questions and complete the setup process. The windows should then go away.

Option 2 (2nd link above): follow the instructions in the Fix and Cause sections.

Thanks for the update. Glad you got the issue resolved.

Thread Information