How can I stop an email that is in the process of sending? I did right-click on the "sending" message box and it temporarily stopped the send process, but 15 seconds later it starts to send again, or the next time I open Outlook, the email I wanted cancelled will start sending all over again. In a situation like that I want to kill the send process on that particular email entirely! I can't find a "pending" file for email in Outlook so I can delete it or render it unsendable.

Here's how it happened:

I typed in a short list of people to send an email to, but Outlook couldn't find one of my contacts by how I typed it in. At that point, I checked a fairly large distribution list where I knew I could locate the friend (I didn't go to the Contacts List directly---BIG MISTAKE!!). As soon as I clicked on the title of my distribution list, Outlook started sending the email to the entire distribution list! I wanted to double check one particular name in the distribution list, check the spelling, then go back and type it in properly, not send to everyone on the distribution list for heavens sake!
What I need to know is:

1. How can I absolutely KILL the send process of an email that's started to send but I now need to stop?

2. Where does Outlook "hold" email just seconds before the send process starts. I'd like to get to that place (or file) and disable it.

3. In a new session, after Outlook is up and running and you click the "Send/Receive" process, how can you stop any email that didn't finish sending?

Sure hope someone out there can help. I'm running Windows XP with Office 2003 and a dial-up provider.