Hello everyone, I am in dire need of professional help I am a hardcore gamer with a mouse problem!

My problem is my mouse goes crazy like it has a mind of its own. When it goes nuts it moves to the bottom left of the screen, up and across the left and bottom. It also right/left clicks conituously where the mouse cursor is. This happens for a few minutes then the mouse would totally stop working. Sometimes before hand the mouse curse would freeze a few times then go back to normal, but then in the end will it will go nuts again.

Before the mouse goes crazy the things I was doing were; surfing the net, playing games from counter strike to world of warcraft… basically I know from many pass experiences that I can do “anything” and the problem will arise.

Out of 3 of my mouses, the problem occurred on two, the “Aopen O-35G Optical mouse” and an “Atech Ball mouse” both these mousse are PS2 and have the problem. My really old “Logitech M-C48 ball mouse” which is a serial mouse has no problem at all, it works perfectly fine but is not satisfactory for playing games.

I have tested my mouses on a different computer and they work perfectly with no problems.

I cleaned my mouses thoroughly making sure all are sparkling clean where the balls and the optical light is.

I also tried using a PS2 to USB adapter on both my PS2 mouses, and then plugging into a spare USB 1.1 socket, but the problem still persist.

I also tried different surfaces for the optical mouse, such as dull non reflective grey surface of a book, or cardboard, and a fabric material mouse pad. But the problem still persist.

Software wise, I installed/uninstalled old and new drivers for the optical mouse. Versions 3.31 and 3.32. both still had problems. I used windows xp standard mouse drivers for the other mouses.

The computer I am using:

AMD Athlon XP +2400
Abit kr7a-raid VIA motherboard (lastest bios firmware)
512 ddr apacer 266 ram
Radeon 8500 128mb Hercules (lastest catalyst drivers)
Neopower Antec 480 powersupply
60gig IBM Deskstar harddrive
Pioneer 106 dvdrom
PCI firewire card
Network card Macronix MX98715-Based Ethernet Adapter

Im running Windows XP SP1 with latest security updates. I have also done various virus and Trojan checkups with the lastest updates of Bitdefender, Spybot, Adaware, and Spy Sweeper. All these check ups where also done in safe mode without internet connection.

I got to the point where I formatted my C: drive to reinstall windows. I left D: drive as is. Problem still occurred when I had installed a fresh install of windows xp with no extra programs being installed.

Even when using Partition Magic and doing a boot format, during the format utility the mouse went crazy.

In conclusion I am no expert but I believe this is not a virus, Trojan or hacking, it is not the fault of my mouses, and the mouse drivers are not a fault either. I am totally stumped, and very frustrated with my computer. I hope to do regular things on my computer with my pimped up mouse gear let alone play games without this problem persisting! Please advise me on anything you believe will help!