Mouse goes crazy!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse goes crazy!!!

Mouse goes crazy!!!

Hello everyone, I am in dire need of professional help I am a hardcore gamer with a mouse problem!

My problem is my mouse goes crazy like it has a mind of its own. When it goes nuts it moves to the bottom left of the screen, up and across the left and bottom. It also right/left clicks conituously where the mouse cursor is. This happens for a few minutes then the mouse would totally stop working. Sometimes before hand the mouse curse would freeze a few times then go back to normal, but then in the end will it will go nuts again.

Before the mouse goes crazy the things I was doing were; surfing the net, playing games from counter strike to world of warcraft… basically I know from many pass experiences that I can do “anything” and the problem will arise.

Out of 3 of my mouses, the problem occurred on two, the “Aopen O-35G Optical mouse” and an “Atech Ball mouse” both these mousse are PS2 and have the problem. My really old “Logitech M-C48 ball mouse” which is a serial mouse has no problem at all, it works perfectly fine but is not satisfactory for playing games.

I have tested my mouses on a different computer and they work perfectly with no problems.

I cleaned my mouses thoroughly making sure all are sparkling clean where the balls and the optical light is.

I also tried using a PS2 to USB adapter on both my PS2 mouses, and then plugging into a spare USB 1.1 socket, but the problem still persist.

I also tried different surfaces for the optical mouse, such as dull non reflective grey surface of a book, or cardboard, and a fabric material mouse pad. But the problem still persist.

Software wise, I installed/uninstalled old and new drivers for the optical mouse. Versions 3.31 and 3.32. both still had problems. I used windows xp standard mouse drivers for the other mouses.

The computer I am using:

AMD Athlon XP +2400
    Abit kr7a-raid VIA motherboard (lastest bios firmware)
    512 ddr apacer 266 ram
    Radeon 8500 128mb Hercules (lastest catalyst drivers)
    Neopower Antec 480 powersupply
    60gig IBM Deskstar harddrive
    Pioneer 106 dvdrom
    PCI firewire card
    Network card Macronix MX98715-Based Ethernet Adapter

Im running Windows XP SP1 with latest security updates. I have also done various virus and Trojan checkups with the lastest updates of Bitdefender, Spybot, Adaware, and Spy Sweeper. All these check ups where also done in safe mode without internet connection.

I got to the point where I formatted my C: drive to reinstall windows. I left D: drive as is. Problem still occurred when I had installed a fresh install of windows xp with no extra programs being installed.

Even when using Partition Magic and doing a boot format, during the format utility the mouse went crazy.

In conclusion I am no expert but I believe this is not a virus, Trojan or hacking, it is not the fault of my mouses, and the mouse drivers are not a fault either. I am totally stumped, and very frustrated with my computer. I hope to do regular things on my computer with my pimped up mouse gear let alone play games without this problem persisting! Please advise me on anything you believe will help!

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    On your desktop right click and choose properties, then click on the Settings tab, next click on the Advanced button on the bottom of the window, then click on Troubleshooting and turn down your Hardware Acceleration one notch.

pimping a mouse is considered illegal / not moral in most parts of the free world. Id be crazy to if I were in its shoes. If i were you I would feed it to a starving cat and buy a Logitech optical mouse, works right out of the box with Windows drivers. No pimping required.
    Happiness is a journey, not a destination. So work like you don't need money, Ride like you've never crashed, and dance like no one's watching!!!!!

I bet the mouse has a broken cable. Try one or both of them in another computer.

once i saw a mouse that caused all sorts of problems as you described and it was the mouse port connector, although I guess you eliminated that by using a USB connector.

Oops, never noticed that you has tested them on another computer.

Is there anything in the event log?
    Last edited by bgraham; August 11th, 2005 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Oops, never noticed that you has tested them on another computer
    Just Bob in New York

Try removing your PCI cards (especially the firewire), to see if that makes any difference.

Other than that I'd suspect the Mobo, although it's weird that you have the same problem in PS2 and USB.
    Qualifications:
    I have read:
    Windows 3.11 for Dummies
    Windows 95 for Dummies (Second Chapter)

Fed up with UK 0870 Phone Numbers

Backup Boogaloo, you know it makes sense to do.

Crazy mouse with mind of its own

Quote Originally Posted by photolady View Post
    On your desktop right click and choose properties, then click on the Settings tab, next click on the Advanced button on the bottom of the window, then click on Troubleshooting and turn down your Hardware Acceleration one notch.
    Thanks, I am giving this a shot. I bot my Logitech boring (meaning, nothing special) optical mouse and it has worked great for over 4 years. Just recently started experiencing it popping all over the place from doing normal everyday stuff including gaming...if anything it's a pain in the well you know where.

Give the lens aperture as good blow out. Dust bunnies in there can cause the mouse to go haywire too.
    Nick.

yes i do that too. i also cleaned off the desk it is on which is brown fake wood. but i do that anyway.
    thanks

Welcome to the site my friend,good luck getting this straightend out

Quote Originally Posted by photolady
    Thats interesting Photolady,mine is set to FULL.. What if i change it no NONE (No acceralation) what would happen??

sahbiot--Did you ever try the mouse on another PC?
    It sounds like this is recent. Perhaps System Restore.
    If you added a new driver recently, that could cause problems.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

acceleration no work and made performance bad

Quote Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
    Welcome to the site my friend,good luck getting this straightend out

Thats interesting Photolady,mine is set to FULL.. What if i change it no NONE (No acceralation) what would happen??
    Well, that change in acceleration didn't work so I am thinking it is time to purchase a new mouse..but it never hurts to ask around in case it is a crazy, stupid, computer bobble. Thanks

If you haven't done so, try using the mouse on a different surface, ideally a proper mouse mat. I once had a mouse that started off perfectly happy on the plain wood surface of the table top, and then it decided that it didn't like that anymore. It was fine on a mouse mat though. I never did figure that one out.
    Nick.

Thanks Super. I will think about a pad...one never knows about computers, one day they are working fine and dandy, next day you want to take it out and shoot it full of shot! muhahaha lol

Quote Originally Posted by grommie View Post

... one day they are working fine and dandy, next day you want to take it out and shoot it full of shot!
    We are talking about women here, right?

Thread Information