XMNT2002 not found Skipping Autocheck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XMNT2002 not found Skipping Autocheck

After partitioning my new external HD using Partition Magic 8, I have been experiencing the above error message. It appears before Windows XP loads. There is a blue screen with the message at the top. It does not seem to cause a problem but I would like to know how to get rid of it if possible.
    Any ideas out there?

Regards
    Bill Birchall

Some others people with the same problem+fixes can be found here: Link

There are a couple of fixes that involve editing the registry, make sure that you back up your registry before attempting those fixes/if you are not sure what you are doing then leave it alone.

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

Liam858

Thanks for the link. I had already seen them but decided to come to my favourite forum, where I had hoped to get someone who could explain what to do, in words of one syllable. I certainly do NOT know what to do and will leave it until someone can explain in terms that I can understand.

Regards

Bill Birchall

Hi Bill,

Sorry for not explaining it fully, i'll go down a notch, try this:

Find an Empty area on your desktop. Right-click and choose "new" and then "text document". It will create an icon on your desktop with "new..." highlighted. Hit backspace and type "PM.REG"(Without The Quotes)
    Hit Enter and choose OK.

Now highlight ALL the text below BETWEEN the Cut Here lines. Right-click and choose copy. Go to the Desktop. Right-click on the PM.REG icon and choose Edit. Paste the text. Go to the Top Right corner and click close. Double-click on the icon and answer Yes, the Reboot, and then Delete the PM.REG icon from the Desktop/Recycle Bin also.

--------------- Cut Here -------------------------
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager]
    "BootExecute"=hex(7):61,75,74,6f,63,68,65,63,6b,20,61,75,74,6f,63,68,6b,20,2a,\
    --------------- Cut Here -------------------------
    Any problems just ask.

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W

Liam858

Carried out your instructions but double clicking the icon does not do anything but open the notepad fie. NO 'Yes and or reboot'.
    HELP.

Bill Birchall

Answer YES, and then reboot.

Liam858
    As I said in my previous reply, I am not asked the question whether I want to reboot. Double clicking only opens the notepad file. There does not seem to be an option to reboot.

Regards

Bill

Ok,i know where it went wrong, delete that file from your desktop now, it is not needed anymore, now you need to go to Start|Run|Type Regedit.exe| and you need to navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute" and modify it, i'm in the process of downloading a trial version of PM 8 so that i can try it out myself first so that i know my instructions are accurate, and the info i found earlier (above) is used to replace the autocheck in the file we have to modify, i'll try it myself as soon as the download/install is complete and post back.

Liam

Bill,

To help me further could you navigate to "C:\WINDOWS\Temp" please, and either attach the file PQ_DEBUG here or copy the info after the following section header "BootExecute key at start:".

Liam

Liam858

I really appreciate the time that you are spending on my problem, but you are beginning to lose me. I have searched the C Drive for the two things you asked me to look for a number of times but have not managed to come up with anything like them!! Sorry, but I do not know what I should do next.

I will fully understand if you want to call it a day!

Regards

Bill

We don't wanna quit!,, i wanted you to go to My Computer|Main Hard Drive|Windows Folder|Temp Folder|Find a file called PQ_Debug, and either right click it and click edit and then copy and paste the info here or just attach the whole file here, and then we will go from there.

Liam

Liam858

It sounds so frustratingly simple!! Unfortunately, I cannot locate that file anywhere. The Temp file only shows :- Cookies, History etc. no PQ_ Debug. There is a Debug file in Windows but that does not mention PQ and seems to be related to Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta files. I have made a general search for the requested file, including hidden files. No luck!! Am I supposed to definitely have this file?? If so, I do not know why I cannot locate it.

Regards

Bill

Well, i'm hoping that you have navigated to the wrong temp folder(as there are 2) because we sort of need some info out of that file for this fix, see the attached screenshot to make sure that you have the right folder.

Liam

Unhappy Help

I am running xp service pack 2. I was partitioning my computer when it froze, i shut off the power and went to restart it only to find the same message as Bill, as well as xmnt2001 "program not found - skipping autocheck" and autochk not found - skipping autocheck. all this happens while booting,

After this occurs my computer suffers from a blue screen (it is that quick I cannot see what the error causing this is) and restarts. i am not able to get past this to log in! edit: i could just see that the screen was saying that a fatal error had occured and a force shutdown would have to occur

Is there any way i can fix this or do i have to re-image the computer (Want to avoid this as much as possible!!!!!)

Sorry to hi jack this thread!
    Thanks tony
    Last edited by owenat; June 22nd, 2006 at 04:43 AM.

I had the problem of this message appearing when I was trying to use Partition Magic to do its job. I spent hours trying to get round it but in the end found the simplest of techniques: boot using the rescue discs and run PQMAGIC.EXE from the A drive. It doesn't need to go through the booting process and can do the merge (in my case) in front of your eyes. It worked!

Thread Information